9.

Niall's POV

"Babe, please. I need to go to go home," I groaned, giving Harry an annoyed look as I tried to pry his hands away from my waist. It was considerably difficult, Harry was rather strong. 

"Why don't you come with me?" he asked, grinning in me in that fashion that made me want to punch him. Regardless of what he had said, I could tell that he was taking advantage of this fake relationship situation, as he now had yet another way to torture me in front of the entire school. This time, there was nothing I could do about it. 

"Like I would want to spend more time with you than I have to," I said, hoping that the eavesdropping students assumed that it was affectionate banter, rather than a serious statement. 

"I'll see you later, then?" he asked, knowing that I wasn't going to change my mind.

"Yeah, I guess," I grinned as he leaned down to press a kiss to my cheek, before walking away from here.

I headed over to my locker and opened it, putting my books away before slamming it shut and going outside to where my car was parked.

"You're not actually together, aren't you?" I turned to see Harry's friend Zayn, who was leaning against a tree, a cigarette in between his fingers. I immediately questioned why I asked Harry to help me. If my parents thought Harry was bad, what would they say if I said I was with someone like Zayn?

"Of course we are. What makes you say we aren't?" I asked him with a frown.

"I'm just good at reading people, I guess. You don't act like a couple."

"How would you know how couples act?"

"I happen to be in a relationship. I have been for a while."

Of course. Zayn's girlfriend, Gigi. It was hard not to see Zayn with the attractive blonde at some point during school but I had never spoken to either of them, so it wasn't hard to believe that I forgot about them. 

"I didn't realise that you two were that serious," I commented, causing him to shrug. 

"Not necessarily 'soulmates' or anything. Serious enough to say that I have genuine feelings for her."

"So what does your relationship with Gigi have to do with my relationship with Harry?" I asked.

"For a start, you guys act extremely forced to be in love. Dating isn't like that, there are times when you don't want to be affectionate to them, there are times when you wish you were single. You and Harry just seem to be too in love, it isn't natural."

"So you get the impression that Harry and I aren't a couple because we're too affectionate?" I nearly scoffed.

"Kind of. I can just tell by your body language," he shrugged. "I can't explain it, I can just tell that you don't like him."

"Just because we aren't an actual couple, doesn't mean I don't like him."

"So you do like him," he smirked.

"You already knew that, didn't you?" I questioned, reading the look on his face. 

"You kind of stare at him a lot. And you're always blushing," he replied. 

"Okay, yeah. I like him. Go ahead, go tell everyone," I rolled my eyes. I didn't get how he was able to get me to admit it so quickly but I could already tell that Zayn was different and I didn't want to question it.

"Why would I tell everyone?"

"Attention," I shrugged. 

"Niall, does it look like I give a shit about attention? I've had my speculations that your relationship was fake ever since the school found out about it, I would have said something before now if I wanted something out of it."