27.

Niall's POV 

Harry and I hadn't spoken since he had admitted his feelings to me, which was just over a week ago. Although I was happy that Harry and I were possibly going to fix things, I couldn't help but feel a little worried. I wasn't sure if the lack of communication between us both was because he already regretted it or not.

Though I didn't really think he regretted it because all the times I had passed him in the corridor I had seen him brightly smile at me, leaving me to rush off to class in hopes of no one noticing the blush on my face.

We had been texting pretty much non-stop since then. Actual, meaningful texts, not the awkward, one worded messages we had been sending each other previously. It was generally him texting me some dumb joke or telling me how good I looked that day. Whatever exchange we had, he always managed to get a reaction out of me. 

He was so endearing, even over text messages. He always managed to make me blush, or smile ridiculously. His apparent and obvious charm was rather frightening in my opinion but in the best way.

I just wished the captivating attitude he had in the phone appeared in real life, to my face.

Now, I easily could have approached him myself, which I nearly did on several occasions but I willed myself not to. The last thing that I wanted was to seem overly desperate for his affection. I was but I didn't want him to know that.

So I knew that I instead had to just put up with his little game for a while longer. I would just have to trust that this would all be worth it.

~

"Can you please tell me why you're here at this time?" I asked Louis, not knowing why he decided half past ten at night was a good time to bother me.

"Cause I was bored and Liam's busy," he shrugged carelessly, not seeming to give a crap about the way I was looking at him. Which wasn't far from the ordinary when it came to Louis. 

"Maybe if you just made more friends outside of me and Liam, someone else can deal with you for a change," I told him with a raised eyebrow.

"But I hate people," he whined.

"That's your own fault, Louis," I shrugged, sinking beside him on the bed.

It was hard to believe that Louis was older than me,  as I knew that he would always be one of the most childish people in my life. 

Harry being at the top of that imaginary list.

Though his immaturity kind of seemed more charming to me than Louis'. Perhaps it was the blossoming romance between us, or maybe it was because Louis sometimes reminded me of a six year old that had consumed way too much sugar.

"So... any news on Harry?" he asked, making me turn to look at him, only to see him giving me a sly look.

Sadly, Louis was one of my friends that didn't know the definition of privacy, particularly when it came to private text messages from Harry. So like he had done countless times in the past, he had snooped through my phone and discovered that Harry and I were in fact, getting back on track. This discovery led to a new goal; not leaving me alone until I spilled every single detail.

"No..." I trailed off. It was rather embarrassing to admit that regardless of the definite growth Harry and I have had since we discovered our feelings, neither of us were capable of making a move.