26.

Niall's POV 

To Jade: 
How did you get home last night?

She only took a minute to respond. Though she had always fairly quick at replying to texts, so I wasn't too shocked when I was notified of her reply shortly after I had sent my message.

From Jade:
Perrie.

Of course. It wasn't as if she had a multitude of friends from my school, aside from a developing friendship with Leigh-Anne, who seemed to be able to make friends with pretty much anyone she wanted.

To Jade:
Did your parents see you come home?

Although it was her choice to go to this party with me, I knew I would feel terrible if she got in trouble from her parents if they caught her sneaking home so late and most likely incredibly drunk.

From Jade:
No, I went to Jesy's. I'm not dumb enough to go home like that.

From Jade:
Unlike you and Harry.

Although used to her comments about me and Harry, I still frowned in confusion.

To Jade:
What are you talking about?

From Jade:
Nothing. I just saw you talking to him before I left. I assume you two went to yours and finished what you started.

To Jade:
I didn't do anything.

I didn't think she would have been convinced, considering she never really was whenever I denied being with Harry but I was sure that Harry had not taken me home.

Harry couldn't have taken me home.

~

The rest of my weekend was a rather quiet one. It was spent by me completing the homework that my parents had been fussing over, calling Leigh-Anne until the early hours of morning and trying my hardest not to think about Harry.

Perhaps that was the reason I talked to Leigh a lot. She seemed to be the only person that didn't bring up Harry every time we spoke. Even Jade's constant teasing seemed repetitive, though I couldn't really complain about her without complaining about everyone else in my life.

It felt like when we fake dated all over again. All of a sudden people thought that I had gone back to being 'Harry's property' rather than who I actually was. The only difference was that this time neither of my parents had any idea about what was happening. If anything was even happening, as I knew very little of Harry's intentions.

I was also caught up by the thought of how I got home from that party. Every second that went past made Louis' theory of it being Harry seem so much more believable but completely ridiculous at the same time. Though if it was him, I was sure that things would have gone so much more differently. 

I guess it was kind of rude of me to assume that he was like that but I was only going by what I had experienced myself. If Harry was to genuinely care about me, I wouldn't be used to it. I had never seen that side of him before.

If that side of him even existed.

"Hurry up, or you'll be late," my mother said sternly as I entered the room, forcing me away from my thoughts.