19. (!)

Harry's POV

Things went back to normal after I had confronted Niall's boyfriend. The next day, they were no longer seen together. Maybe it was a bit of a dick move to purposely ruin Niall's relationship and I did feel kind of bad about it, but seeing Niall with someone else was driving me crazy for some reason that I couldn't explain. 

The state of Niall's relationship was confirmed to me by Liam, who seemed kind of happy to tell me that they were no longer together. Though I knew that he was probably feeling guilty because of it, due to the fact that Niall was apparently left heartbroken. 

"How exactly do you know this?" I asked, turning to the brunet curiously.

"Because he called Louis after it happened and Louis just so happened to be with me at the time," Liam shrugged.

Of course, I didn't think that Zach would be the one to break up with Niall so quickly. I was sure that the guilt would catch up to Niall and he would have been the one to initiate the breakup. I felt incredibly guilty because I didn't intend for Niall to be the one who had his heart broken. 

I wasn't even sure as to why I wanted Niall back in the first place. The feelings he had for me weren't returned and I wasn't exactly planning on actually going out with him but I hated the sight of him being so happy with someone that wasn't me.

"Well, Niall deserves better," I shrugged, not sure if I was talking about Zach or me but I was being completely honest either way.

"I guess this could be your chance to get him back, then."

Niall's POV

For the first time in weeks, I arrived at school without Zach. No one at school knew about the breakup and I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Like usual, I smiled at the few people that I was on decently good terms with, before making my way over to my friends. Leigh-Anne pulled me into a hug as soon as she saw me.

"You're too good for him anyways," she mumbled, letting go of me.

Leigh-Anne never really had an issue with Zach and she seemed to be happy that I was happy but I knew she was only trying to make me feel better after the breakup. I appreciated it but the truth was, I wasn't even that upset anymore. 

Zach and I didn't last and there was nothing I could do to change that, so I didn't see any point in making a fuss over it as though there was something I could do to magically get him to take me back.

"It's not his fault. He just--" I couldn't admit the reason why he had broken up with me. Only after crying to Louis did I finally tell him what had happened. Louis knew I was not in the right state of mind to deal with comments about my apparent feelings for Harry but now that I was less emotional, I wasn't sure what would happen if I brought it up. 

"I know. At least-- At least he let you down easy. I just feel like it's expected of someone's friend to tell them that they're too good for their ex. But it's true. You're too good for anyone," she told me reassuringly. 

"Thanks, Leigh," I smiled at her, trying to show her that I was no longer sad. If anything, I was angry. Not at Zach but at Harry. It was his fault that Zach and I broke up and that was not in any way alright with me.

He didn't even seem guilty about it. 

~

Every minute that passed made me hate Harry even more. The few times I had seen him around, he would just stare at me with that stupidly annoying smirk, as though he knew just how angry I was.