6.

Niall's POV

I was sat in class on that next Monday. With around five subjects worth of homework that I was going to have to complete that night and the lingering thoughts of what Louis and Jade were saying about me and Harry, it was safe to say that I was exhausted.

The teacher droned on, either not noticing or not caring that I seemed to be the only person who had any idea of what he was talking about. 

I could feel my thoughts beginning to drift away and I found myself beginning to think of Harry. It was rather weird because I never thought of Harry outside of our casual sex, so I had no idea of what could be drawing my sudden interest.

I looked up to see that the teacher was now focused on what he was writing on the whiteboard, his back was facing the class, so I deemed it safe enough to place my pen down and completely lose focus.

Instead of the hostile thoughts I usually had of Harry, I began to wonder what he was doing at that exact moment. Why was I thinking of Harry like this? I wasn't supposed to care about what he was doing, he was only a fake boyfriend.

~

"Niall! Get ready, we have to leave in one hour," mum called up the stairs, making me wish I had both earphones in to prevent myself from hearing her. I really didn't want to go anywhere with my parents, knowing that I was going to be surrounded by several copies of my parents for the entire evening. 

I heard her heels getting louder as she walked up the stairs and stopped right outside the door, before she opened it to give me a stern look.

"Actually, I had plans to hang out with Harry today." 

That was a lie. I wasn't even sure if he was free or not at that moment but I would say anything to get out of what my parents wanted me to do. Even lying about seeing my annoying fake boyfriend. 

"I mean, I guess he could come with me. We are in a serious relationship after all," I tried not to smirk at her annoyed expression. 

"Your father and I want to appear professional. We can't do that with you trying to flaunt your improper behaviour in front of everyone," she replied stiffly, looking at me with a displeased expression.

"Well, you're always complaining about having to bring me alone. At least now I'll have a partner with me," I continued. 

I could tell that she was going to keep protesting. She wasn't exactly the only one who didn't want to spend the evening with Harry but at least I would be at least somewhat amused. 

"I'm going to talk about him anyway. I wonder how everyone's going to react when I tell them all about how I have a loving boyfriend now," I shrug. 

She bit her lip, seeming to be a combination of frustrated and scared. Perfect. 

"I promise. We'll behave ourselves," I spoke, almost taunting her. 

She let out an angry sigh, muttering a 'fine' under her breath and exiting my room. Letting out a quiet laugh, I picked up my phone and typed in my password, which I had added after learning my lesson about Louis being a snoop without boundaries, before sending a text to Harry.

To Harry:
My parents are making me go to some work event thing. You're coming with me.

It didn't take him too long to respond to my message.

From Harry:
Oh, really? And if I say no?

To Harry:
You're my 'boyfriend' remember? A deal's a deal, Styles.