Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Once Selene returned home from her classes she collapsed on the sofa.

"Tired?" Gillian asked, she had finished her classes at the same time and jumped in the car to spend time with Scott.

"Just a little." Selene sarcastically answered. "Even when I decide to be a good girl and go to bed early my annoying brother and his even more annoying friend keep me up." She sat up and sighed. "I'm going to bed."

She slammed her bedroom door shut and laid in bed, she just wanted to sleep for the rest of the day. She tried to drown out the annoying voice that reminded her she still had homework to do.

When she woke a few hours later it was strangely quiet. She re tied her hair back since it had come undone then headed downstairs. No one was around. While she liked the silence she was very curious. She looked outside and Scott's car was gone but not Ben's. He could've just left with Scott but it was worth checking out.

There was a staircase in the kitchen that led up to the above garage apartment. She opened his door, it was never locked, she looked around and it was quiet there too.

"You could've knocked."

She turned at Ben's voice; the bedroom area was set up in the far left side of the apartment, he was lying down on his stomach with his arm hidden under the pillow, his eyes still closed. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Sleeping, you weren't the only one tired."

"Where'd Scott go?" Selene asked as she walked over to his bed.

"He left with Gillian about ten minutes after you went upstairs. They have too much fucking energy so they went to burn it."

"How?"

Now Ben opened his blue eyes and smiled mischievously. "Do you really want me to answer that?"

Selene groaned. "Pig. I'm leaving." She couldn't stand to be around Ben for too long unless liquor was involved. She stopped in the kitchen instead of going back to her room as her stomach began to growl.

She stood at the fridge and found there was nothing in it. She really missed her mother's cooking. She closed the empty fridge and just opened the bag of chips that had lay on top. She sat at the table as Ben appeared. "What do you want?"

"You woke me up now you have to deal with me." Ben pulled the bag of chips from her then took a few.

"Oh goody." Selene flatly said as she noticed he was still in his sleeping attire; a lose fitting pair of gray pants that hung low around his waist. If he didn't have to be at school or work he was always shirtless, that was another thing about him that irritated her.

"While chips are good for you this isn't enough. I'm hungry so if you promise not to be a bitch I'll treat you to lunch."

Selene had a snappy come back but stopped herself; free food was worth being nice for a little while. "Ok." She said instead. "How cheap are you being?"

"Wanna go out?" Ben asked, leaning back against the counter.

"And be seen with you? I don't think so."

"Then Pizza it is."

Selene left the room as he did the ordering. She had been too tired before to change out of her jeans. She ran up to her room and dug around her closet for a pair of shorts. If she didn't have to leave the house she preferred shorts. But as she dug around she made a mental note to do laundry.

She grabbed an extra large t-shirt and a pair of cotton shorts. She pulled off her shirt and realized she wasn't alone. "For someone who bitches about knocking, you sure don't do it." Selene said and continued on as if he wasn't standing there, she put her other more comfortable t-shirt on.

"Consider this me getting you back."

"Whatever, what do you want?" Selene crossed her arms and looked at him; there was no way she was changing out of her jeans in front of him.

"Pizza's on its way and Scott called; he's staying with Gillian tonight." Ben explained then walked away.

Selene went and shut her door. She was glad Scott wouldn't be home because it meant for a calm night but she hated it too because she was stuck alone with Ben, they always fought more when Scott wasn't around.

She decided to catch up on her home work then go to bed early since tomorrow was a full day and she had to work. After looking around her room she remembered she left her bag downstairs.

Ben was sitting on the sofa watching TV. "You have a whole apartment, why don't you use it?" she asked.

"I like yours better." Ben absently answered with his focus on the screen.

She rolled her eyes and went back to her room with her bag in hand. As she sat on the bed the phone rang, she answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey."

"Brandon, hi what's up?" She and Brandon had a few classes together and sometimes hung out with the same friends.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight."

"Just you and me?"

"Yeah but just as friends." Brandon quickly added, Selene had made it clear before she wasn't looking for a relationship.

Selene thought about it, she could finish her homework in time but she wanted to take it easy tonight. But she thought of the alternative; staying the whole night at home with Ben. "Ok just for a little while."

"Ok great, I'll meet you at The Shop eight."

"Yeah sure." They hung up after that.

Selene put all her books on the bed then went to her desk to power up the computer; she had a few reports to type out. It was almost half hour later when she heard her name being called.

"Selene!"

"What?"

"Food's here."

She jumped from her hair and ran downstairs, she was much hungrier then she thought.