Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Selene never made it to work; she and Ben quickly found their way back upstairs to his room. She still wasn’t sure what was happening or how she felt about it all but she decided not to fight it, she wanted Ben and that was enough. Knowing that he wasn’t using her and it wasn’t just sex made the process easier to deal with, she didn’t need all the answers right now.

Ben had made sure to lock the door this time before they hit the bed. There was something about pouring your heart out and having an emotional conversation that made sex needed. His lips ached to never leave hers, taste every inch of her mouth.

They’re hands found themselves in a frenzy trying to remove as much clothing as they can. Selene was panting for air as she sat up and pulled of the shirt that just wouldn’t open for Ben. She smiled when he sighed with relief, “I know buttons can be a tricky thing.”

Ben grinned at the tone of her voice, it was almost condescending. “Are you making fun of me?” he asked as he pulled her onto his lap as he sat back on the bed.

“What? Have I ever made fun of you?” Selene sarcastically asked as she hand her hand over his bare chest. “I’m a nice girl.” She said against his neck before kissing the warm skin.

“Really?” Ben questioned as he pulled her pony tail out, his hand running over her shoulder pulling her bra strap down. “I happen to like good girls.”

“Why is that?” Selene asked.

Ben pinned her down to the bed with her legs still around his waist. “I like to release the inner bad girl.”

“Ah so I have a inner bad girl?” Selene asked with a laugh as she watched Ben kiss along her stomach.

“Oh yeah I’ve seen her especially when we get into the climax of it all.”

Selene felt herself blush. “Shut up and come here.” She grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled him back up to her. She ran her finger tips over his lips as she stared into his intense blue eyes filled with passion and desire, desire for her. She captured his lips into a kiss, her hand around the nap of his neck pulling him closer as she lay back on the bed.

Ben ran his hands down to her jeans, the button and zipper open in seconds.

There was a knock on the door just as he was about to pull them off but instead he and Selene pulled away from each other. “Who is it?” Ben called out; it was a stupid question because the knock came from the door that lead downstairs into the kitchen not the door that lead outside. But he and Selene needed time.

“The devil, open up I need to talk to you.” Scott called out.

Ben and Selene jumped from the bed. “I’m not supposed to even be home, he can’t see me here.” she said buttoning her pants.

“You have to hide.” Ben pulled his shirt on. “Hold on.” He called to Scott as he grabbed Selene’s hand and pushed her inside the closet.

“I’m getting you back for that.” Selene promised as she regained her composure into the closet.

“Uh-huh I’m looking forward to it.” Ben shut the door and headed to let Scott in. “What’s up?”

“I wasn’t interrupting anything was I?” Scott asked with an expression of hesitance as he walked inside the room. He only knew of Scott locking the door if he wasn’t alone.

“No just me here. I was just catching up on some studying must’ve locked the door by mistake.” Ben felt sick to lie to his best friend but in that moment it was his only choice. “What’s up?”

IIII

Selene adjusted her shirt and sat carefully on the closet floor. She leaned closer to the door but couldn’t ear anything Ben and her brother were talking about. She suppressed a groan and stopped trying to eavesdrop. As the minutes passed she became more and more uncomfortable.

What on earth did Scott need to talk about for so long? She wondered and wondered, she knew there was no way out until he left. As intense boredom set in she changed her thoughts and wondered what was in the closet but she couldn’t see anything since there was no light.

She couldn’t just seem to sit there and wait, her mind wouldn’t shut up, it began to remind her that, the need to have her hide was the reason nothing could happen with Ben. It was complicated and wrong and Scott would never accept it. Now she was sitting in a closet missing work, might be fired for a relationship that would never work. You’re an idiot, Selene raked her hair back and tried to focus on what she knew to be true. She needed to remember it when she was around Ben. But when he looked at her with those intense eyes it all flew out her brain, when he touched her she couldn’t even think.

The closet door opened. “Sorry.” Ben said as he held out his hand to help her up.

Focus, remember, stop being an idiot, she stood from the floor on her own and pressed down her shirt. “It’s ok, maybe it was better that way.”

“Oh no don’t tell me we’re back to square one where you’re trying to push me away again.” Ben said as he sat back down on the bed.

“I’m not. I---look at the facts I was hiding in the closet for what? Twenty minutes, it’ll always be like this Ben and you know that.”

He understood what she meant, he didn’t like it but he understood it. He met her dark eyes and nodded. “Ok then we tell Scott the truth and no more hiding.”