Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Selene couldn't help but wonder why she wasn't pulling away, it was Ben Haywood the guy she disliked and fought with almost daily. "I'm not drunk, are you?" She questioned as his mouth traveled down her throat.

"No."

"Then what the hell are we doing?"

Ben stopped kissing her now and met her eyes. "Are you saying we're only attracted to each other when we're loaded?"

"Attracted? No this is some freaky lust thing that's it. It's a mistake." Selene spoke quickly to correct.

"A mistake you don't seem to be running from." Ben pointed out as they stood close, his arm still around her waist as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Maybe I am drunk."

"Off one beer?"

"It could happen."

The backdoor opened followed by the squeaky screen door. "Ben?" Jane called out as she stepped door the porch. "What are you doing out here with her?"

Before Jane stepped outside both Selene and Ben were far apart. "I'm done out here anyway." Selene said as she headed back inside. She said goodbye to a few people on her way back up to her room. Once inside she let out a huge sigh. "You're an idiot." She mumbled.

She tried to convince herself to just move on, tonight had been a good night overall, but seeing Jane and Ben together wouldn't leave her mind. It pissed her off; it was Jane and Ben what could happen between them? Nothing serious, she thought, they didn't have it in them to be committed to each other.

She refrained from hitting herself for her stupidity and thoughts as she gathered her things and went to take a shower for bed. Once she was dressed in her long night t-shirt she stepped out into the hall she saw Scott going to his room. "Hey, wait." She said walking toward him. "How'd it go with Gillian?"

Scott leaned against the frame of his door. "Not good but we decided to talk about it tomorrow."

"Do you still love her?"

"Gillian? Of course."

"No I meant Lisa."

Scott grew silent as he thought that over; it wasn't easy figuring out his emotions toward Lisa. "We were a mistake that went too far, that's it."

Selene scoffed. "Mistake huh? Why didn't you just end it before it got that serious?" she founded herself looking to Scott for advice on her own situation, she never thought that would happen. For as long as she could remember she and Scott were close but nothing alike.

"It's not that easy. I'll see you tomorrow." Scott went inside his room and shut the door.

His answer rung in her head, it wasn't easy at all she agreed. You know something is wrong for you but you keep going back. But Selene couldn't let herself end up like Scott; she didn't want to ruin the arrangement in the house because of some stupid mistake with Ben. Lisa and Scott were still friends but the past still hung over them like a rainy cloud.

She went back to her room and hung her towel behind the door. "No more mistakes." She warned herself as she turned back around and headed to Ben's apartment. There were just some things she couldn't leave unsaid. "Ben?" she called out as she opened the door and peeked inside.

"Yeah?"

Selene followed the sound of his voice and busted out laughing when she saw him, she laughed so hard her side ached and she grasped the door handle to keep her balance. "Very mainly." She stated as she tried not to laugh again.

"It's not that funny."

"Yes it is, do you take bubble baths often?" Selene asked, snickering.

"I like to relax for bed, it helps me sleep. You should try it; I do have room for two."

After seeing the passionate look in his eyes she realized he was naked under all those bubbles. "No I'm here to talk to you about something pissing me off."

"What this time?"

"Have you slept with Jane?" Selene blurted out, she found the faster she got to the point the faster she could leave.

It was Ben's turn to laugh. "Why?"

"I want to know."

"I haven't slept with Jane."

Selene nodded and crossed her arms as she stayed near the door of the bathroom. "Good. I don't want you to."

Ben arched a brow. "And I'm going to listen because…?"

"Because you're going to try and be nice for a change and just do as I ask."

"It's not that easy babe, I want a reason."

"I hate her."

"Weren't you the one who thought Jane and I would be a good couple?"

"I was wrong and I don't want you to sleep with her."

"There's more to it then that." Ben stated as he met her eyes. "Start talking."

"You really need to learn how to drop things. I don't want someone I've slept with to be with Jane, it's gross and I hate her." Selene honestly admitted, she knew she was acting childish but she didn't care too much. She thought back to what a teacher once told the class; everyone your partner's been with you've been with.

"I think it's more then that."

"Really?" Selene flatly asked.

"I think you want me for yourself."

Selene laughed. "I don't think so bubbles. I don't care who you date or sleep with I just don't want it to be Jane."

Ben crossed his arms behind his head as he said. "I ended it with Jane tonight."

Selene's expression became very serious. "Then what the hell was all this for?"

"What can I say? I like to see you bent out of shape."

"You are such an ass and that's never going to change." Selene said more to herself, it shattered any feelings she thought she had for Ben that night. "Just so we're clear, what happened tonight won't happen again. It was a stupid mistake that developed because of everything that was happening, it meant nothing."

Ben stood from the bathtub and wrapped a towel around his waist. "It never means anything with you does it?"

His words caused her to look at him. "What does that mean?"

Ben stared into her dark brown eyes for seconds that felt like minutes. He groaned as he made his choice to step closer to her, pinning her between him and the wall beside the bathroom door. He placed a hand on each side of her face and kissed her.

Selene's first reaction was shock then oh no, she tried to pull away but she couldn't and soon gave in. Her hands lost at her sides reached up to his back, her nails along his moist skin.

One hand left the side of her face and traveled down the length of her body stopping at the hem of her shirt to go under it. His hand now over the skin of her thigh then her waist, his hand covered her breast as he pulled away from the kiss, his face along hers as they both caught their breath. "Does it still mean nothing?"

"What do you want me to say? That even though it makes no sense I still like the way you touch me and I don't want you to stop?"

"That works."

"Ben this is a mistake."

"We'll worry about that later."