Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ben looked at Selene as she sat on the sofa as well with her pizza. He hadn’t expected her to stick around; he frowned and asked, "Why don't you eat in your room?"

"I don't eat in my room. I'm not getting roaches just because I don't like you." Selene not so politely explained as she took the remote control from him and changed the channel. "Don't worry I'll be out of your hair soon enough, I'm leaving."

"Where to?" he tried to sound casual.

"None of you business." Selene said around a mouthful of cheese pizza.

"Scott won't be happy if I let his little sister leave just like that. If you don't tell me I might have to follow you…."

Selene met his blue eyes. "You wouldn't."

"What do you think?" he took satisfaction in seeing her outraged, he smiled and they both knew he was serious about his threat.

"Fuck. Fine, I'm going out with Brandon." Selene knew he'd follow her or call Scott. One of the reasons she didn't date was because Scott and Ben made it impossible, they drove every guy she liked away. Too over damn protective, she thought. "As friends." She made a point of adding before he got any ideas.

"Ok."

Too easy Selene thought. "You better not pull anything or call Scott because I'll make your life a living hell." She warned.

"I won't." Ben innocently said.

Selene decided not to push her luck. She continued with her pizza and flipping through the TV.

"But…."

Selene groaned. "I knew it, what?"

"What do I get for keeping my mouth shut?"

She finished with her pizza and set the plate down on the table. "What do you want?"

Ben was quite, he continued with his pizza slowly, dragging the process out just to watch her squirm. "Nothing, you can go and I won't tell Scott."

"All that just to say you want nothing?"

"Well if you want I can come up with-"

"Nope too late!" Selene was sure this was going to bite her in the ass at some point, Ben was good at holding things over her head but for now she just went with it. She ran to her room and decided to look for what to wear.

It wasn't a date technically but she wanted to look nice and maybe it could be a date, she did like Brandon. She just told him she wasn't interested in dating so they could remain friends and her overprotective brother wouldn't scare him away.

Once she decided on an outfit she sat back down to complete her homework she had to turn in tomorrow, the rest of her assignments could wait.

She showered and got ready. Her outfit was a denim blue skirt with a white buttoned down shirt that hugged to her frame. She completed the outfit with knee high back boots then moved on to her hair. She never wasted too much time on it, tonight instead of a pony tail it was a high pony tail that swung when she walked.

She grabbed her jacket from the hook next to the front door. She opened the door and came face to face with Scott and Gillian, they were about to open it. "Hey." He said. "Where are you going?"

Selene mentally said every curse she could think of. They walked inside and Ben rose from the sofa, she looked at him and pleaded for him to read her eyes; cover for me! "I'm meeting up with some friends. I thought you weren't coming home tonight?"

"We deiced to come back here." Scott looked at his sister. "Are you ok?"

"She's fine." Ben joined them and pushed Selene outside the door, nearly pushing her to the ground. "You better get going before you're late. Carrie becomes a bitch if you keep her waiting."

It felt very odd to have Ben Haywood helping her, now she was very sure he'd use it against her. "I'll see you guys later." She left, almost running after that.

The Shop was a local bar teenagers and college kids hung out at and it wasn't that far from the house, she's rather walk then ask to borrow Ben or Scott's car. She needed to save up a few more paychecks before she could get her own.

Brandon was already sitting at a table when she entered. "Hey." She said with a smile as she sat down.

"You're on time, that's a record for you."

"Yeah I try to be on time at times but don't get use to it." Selene gave her order to the waiter, she loved that fact they didn't really check ID at The Shop because she had seven more months to be legal.

"I'm glad you came." Brandon said once the waiter was gone.

"Me too."

IIII

"Is it me or was Selene acting very strange?" Scott asked as he met his friend in the kitchen.

"It's you." Ben said as he adjusted his shirt, since he knew he wasn't going back to bed any time soon he decided to cover up out of respect for Gillian and Scott's relationship. That and he didn't really like Gillian; he didn't want her seeing the goods.

"No, she rushed out of here." Gillian said.

There was the main reason Ben didn't like her, she didn't know when to just shut up. "She wasn't expecting to see you, no big deal." He was pissed he was forced to cover and help Selene. Selene Wright of all people.

"You know, you're acting strange too."

"I'm a strange guy Gillian just drop it." if he wasn’t such a gentleman he’d strangle her.

"Whatever. I should head home." Gillian kissed Scott goodbye and left finally.

"She talks a lot." Ben said now that they were alone. "You always like the preppy talk-a-lot girls that drive the human brain crazy with their high voices and ditzy attitudes." He made a face and decided to enjoy the time free from Gillian, she’d be around again soon enough.

Scott laughed. "You sound like Selene."

Ben shuttered. "Don't say that. The day Selene and I agree on anything the world will end." It was bad enough he was helping her tonight, he couldn't go agreeing with her now. He needed to come up with different ways to make her pay for this.

IIII

Selene and Brandon had a few drinks before they decided to try their luck on the dance floor. Selene never danced unless she was semi drunk or more. Brandon wrapped his arm around her waist and whispered in her ear. "Come on, let's get out of here."