Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Selene tried to come up with an excuse to go back inside but while she hated Jane she didn’t want to be rude to Brandon. “Yeah, I heard you would be next to us.” She said to him.

“Do you have plans for tonight?” Brandon asked. “Me and the rest of the guys are putting together a little party.” Now that he mentioned it she noticed the case of liquor in his hands.

“I don’t know yet, I’m sure Scott will think of something.” Selene couldn’t get her plans with Ben out of her mind; there was no way she’d pass up time alone with him.  

“I’ll see you around then.” Brandon said with an infectious smile before continuing inside the cabin.

“I didn’t know you and Brandon were friends.” Selene said to Jane who was still standing there glaring at her.

“Our parents want us to stick together this weekend; you didn’t know he’s my cousin?” Jane said as if it was the most public knowledge ever created.

“No, I guess he’s embarrassed by you like the rest of the planet and didn’t want to tell me.” Selene was momentarily glad she and Brandon hadn’t gotten farther and became a couple; she couldn’t handle the thought of being intimately close to Jane’s family.

Jane opened her mouth to dish back the dig when the door behind Selene opened. “Oh, hi Ben.” The annoying girl said with her sugary fake tone reserved for the opposite sex. “This was a great place you mentioned, I’m glad we decided to check it out during break too.”

Selene felt her blood start to boil; Ben had told that hag about their vacationing spot?

“Oh yeah, glad you’re enjoying it.” Ben said with a smile before touching Selene’s arm. “I need your help with something.”

She nodded and followed willingly until they were alone in the house. She pushed him into the empty bathroom and locked the door. “You told her about the cabins?”

“I guess, it had to have been during our date and I was really pissy drunk.” He cringed as he tried to remember the blank spots in his memory and how he could have been that stupid.

Selene leaned back against the closed door. “It looks like we both made some pretty stupid mistakes with the opposite sex. Brandon keeps trying to invite me to different places and Jane wants to get in your pants. With our bad luck they’re going to be right next door the whole break.” She frowned and tried to find one salvageable piece of their vacation.

“What did you ever see in Brandon?” Ben asked, his facial expression showing the dislike he had for the other man.

“You first, what did you ever see in Jane?”

“She was pretty cool when we were in groups and I thought why not ask her out to pass time. It was never serious and I found one on one she could be really annoying.”

“I could’ve told you that.” She grumbled.

“It’s your turn.” He whispered, they were both being careful not to be overheard. Thankfully the cabin had some pretty thick walls.

Selene sighed and knew no relationship had a chance unless they were honest. “I liked him, he’s cute but the more time we spent together I realized there was no spark.” She thought back to the kisses she shared with Brandon and while they were nice it was never more than that.

“Do you feel sparks with me?”

Selene grinned; she should’ve known he was going to ask. His ego wouldn’t let him go without asking. “I’m not sure.” The truth of the matter was Ben was the first person to make her feel like this, to create sparks. It wasn’t just the fact they had sex, it was deeper than that and when she stopped and thought about it, the way she was starting to care for Ben, scared her.

“Really?” Ben pushed off the sink he had been leaning against. “One would know these things pretty quick after being around someone.”

“You’re not just someone; you’re my brother’s annoying best friend so it takes some time to figure it all out.” Selene shrugged and enjoyed pulling his chain, it was only fair considering all the hells he had put her though over the years and the emotional turmoil over the last few days. “Do you feel sparks?”

“Oh yeah.” He leaned in down to her neck and started kissing her.

“You’re getting predictable….perv.” she bit down on her tongue to keep from laughing.

“Perv?” he didn’t lift his face from that sensitive curve of her neck. “A perv you want.” He knew just how much he got under her skin that he didn’t take her taunts seriously anymore. He ran his hand up her jean clad thigh around to her butt and squeezed. The air quickly turned serious. “I can’t wait for tonight.”

Selene’s heart raced with desire. “Me too.” She subconsciously, maybe consciously, rocked her hips against his.

With his hand tangled in her hair, Ben turned her mouth to him and kissed her. Their kiss was laced with hunger, he kissed her with the force he wished he could be using elsewhere on her body.

Selene couldn’t let him have all the fun, he had no hesitations when touching her and she decided to do the same. Her hands moved under his shirt and along the smooth surfaces of his chest. She let her desire be her guide and she hadn’t realized how low she had gone until Ben gasped. One hand was still across his chest while her other one was over the center of his jeans.

“Don’t stop.” He whispered across her mouth before kissing her again. It didn’t seem like he shared the same fear prickling along her skin; getting caught.

“What if--?”

“I’ll come up with something.”

Ben was quick to grab her, sitting her on top of the sink counter, before continuing their haste attack of desirable need. Their shirts went flying and it wasn’t long for their pants to join the pile of clothing on the floor.