Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Brandon was having his party at The Shop, Selene changed into something more for the occasion at Carrie's house before they left. Both girls parted ways when they arrived, Carrie went looking for her victim of the night as she called him and Selene went looking for Brandon. "What's this party for again?" she asked when she found him.

Brandon turned away from the guy he was talking to. "I was bored and had an idea; this is it. You look good." he said as he looked her over, she wore a black mini skirt and black matching top that scooped and tied around her neck, he smiled when he met her dark intense brown eyes. "I heard your brother left town."

"Yeah so no rules to follow." She knew it wasn’t traditional for girls to have an older brother who acted more like a father but this was her reality. She knew Scott did it because he cared and didn’t want to see her taken advantage of and while she appreciated it; tonight was her night.

"What about Haywood?" Brandon asked with a flat tone, he and Ben didn't get along and almost everyone knew it.

"What about him? He doesn't run my life and just because he’s friends with Scott doesn’t give him a right to." Selene said as she hooked her arm with his. "So let's have fun." Brandon returned her smile as they went to the bar to get a drink.

IIII

Ben's date with Jane went ok but not as well as he had hoped it would. She was a fun girl to hang out with in a crowd but alone; one on one on a date was another story. But he also remembered first dates are always awkward as you try to learn about each other.

She wasn't the only one to blame, he wasn't committing fully to the date as he probably should. He kept thinking of Selene, there was something in her eyes when she left the house. He knew for a fact she was doing something she shouldn't be.

Why do you care? A little voice in his head kept asking. He didn't care, he was just curious because he promised his best friend he'd watch out for his sister, as simple as that.

"You want to go for a drink?" Jane asked as they walked along the sidewalk after dinner.

Ben was glad she interrupted his thoughts, arguing with yourself inside your head probably wasn't the best idea. "Yeah sure." Jane smiled and laced her hand with his as they walked. "This place is packed tonight." Ben said when they walked inside.

"It's Saturday. Oh and I forgot, Brandon is having a party here tonight---oh my god, is that Selene Wright?" Jane asked with a gasp.

Ben followed Jane's pointed finger, he felt a surge of anger flood his system as his eyes laid on the girl on the bar counter top. He couldn't believe little Sel he used to push into the dirt at the park, Scott's baby sister was now dancing on top of the bar.

A lot of people were watching her but she looked toward the doors and locked eyes with Ben. Strangely enough she didn't react, she kept moving her hips to the beat, she raised her hands above her head and twirled her hands. Ben wanted to kill her but in that moment he couldn't move, he just kept looking at her, watching and meeting her dark eyes.

She walked along the counter top, swaying the hem of her skirt as she moved to the Latin beat. To Ben's surprise Selene had her hair down, the long brown locks fell along her shoulders and chest.

The song ended and Selene hopped down from the counter smiling. Everyone moved on from the very un-Selene like dance as a new song began.

"Why don't you get a drink, I'll be back." Ben said to his date before he walked away to the side exit where Selene and Brandon were talking. "Excuse us." He briskly said to the other man as he grabbed Selene's arm and lead her outside and away from the loud music. "Have you lost your mind?"