Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Selene couldn’t believe how well everything was going. Scott was actually ok with her dating Ben, that morning he had hugged her and expressed his happiness that she finally found someone to take a chance on. It felt better than she ever could’ve dreamt to have the weight of the lies and hiding off her shoulders. She didn’t have to wait until they were alone to kiss Ben good morning.

Ben smiled like a kid in a candy store. “Wasting no time, I like that.” He dodged the punch to his arm in time.

Scott snickered. “I guess some things never change.”

Selene agreed. “He has a special way of annoying me.”

When everyone else piled into the kitchen it didn’t take long to notice some thing was different with the enemies within their group. Tim tapped his chin. “What’s going on? Selene and Ben sitting together spells trouble.”

Lisa shook her head. “Nah, they don’t look ready to strike.” Her eyes narrowed in inspection. “They look….happy?”

Selene continued eating her pancakes. “I am happy.”

Everyone exchanged a look, it was Luke who said, “Are you two knocking boots?” that earned a smack across the head from Scott.

“They’ve been sneaking around since we got here.” Carrie said with a simple shrug of her shoulders.

“How did you know?” Selene didn’t deny the truth, she refused to ever lie about her relationship again.

“I noticed how tense you got when you thought I was hitting on Ben, I only did that to get your reaction.” Carrie looked satisfied with herself.

“It’s not just sex.” Ben told their group of close friends.

“Of course not, Scott would kill you if it was.” Lisa stated.

Maggie’s eyes went wide and a slow teasing smile formed across her lips. “Ben was the guy you told us about during truth or dare?”

Selene hopes the blush across her cheeks wasn’t too bad. “Let’s finish eating.” Everyone laughed and got their answer from her lack of explanation.

The rest of their vacation went pretty smooth. Scott and Gillian breaking up actually broke the tension between them and allowed breathing room. They weren’t suddenly best friends but they could co exist in the same room.

Now that they were out of hiding Ben and Selene touched each other every possible moment.

Their Spring break set the tone for everything that came next. For the next two years they were together and happy. Sure they fought, it was in their nature to, but in the end they’d make up and still be in love with each other. Now they all crossed another stepping stone together; college graduation.

“It’s finally over.” Tim said with a big sigh. “College felt like a prison term.”

“Sex with tons of girls and parties is prison?” Luke shook his head. “The classes were worth it.”

“You’re going to be immature kids for the rest of your lives.” Lisa said.

Everyone was together in Scott and Selene’s house getting ready for the ceremony being held at the college. They were all their except for Ben, he took the longest to get ready.

Selene was seated on the couch watching the glances Scott and Lisa were giving each other when they thought the cost was clear. She wondered what was going on between them. Over the last two years Scott had focused on school and work, he and Gillian never got back together and he never started something serious with anyone else. He was ready to give his heart to someone again.