Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"We'll worry about that later." Ben whispered along her ear before lifting her legs around his waist and carrying her to the bedroom area. He laid her on the bed, leaning over her as her legs stayed arched around his body.

He captured her lips into an intense kiss both their bodies longed for. His hands locked with hers pinning them above her head. His hands soon ran down her arms and over her body.

"Ben wait." Selene said as she felt her shirt coming up around her waist.

"Hmmm?" Ben kissed along her jaw and neck, his hands on her legs now.

"The door."

He met her eyes now. "What about it?"

Selene tried not to smile; men could only focus on one thing. "It's open."

"Shit." Ben mumbled as he left the bed and adjusted the towel still around his waist as he went and locked the door. He turned back around and found Selene sitting up and watching him. "What?"

Selene crossed her legs under her. "Should we be doing this here?"

"Where do you want to do it?" Ben asked as he joined her on the bed.

"I'm trying to be serious." Selene said as she moved back before he could grab her. "We're not alone anymore, Scott's right downstairs."

Ben grabbed her ankles and pulled her down to him, he looked down into her eyes as she lay back on the bed. "We'll be quiet."

Selene shook her head and sighed. "You're such a horny toad."

"Mmm hmm and it's all your fault." Ben said before he went back to kissing down on her collarbone.

She groaned. "You don't make this easy."

"Is that you finally admitting you want me?" he asked along her skin.

"I already told you I liked how you touched me."

"Yes touch is one thing and want is another, do you want me?"

She wanted him; Selene was ready to admit that but only to herself. Being there proved she wanted him but she couldn't inflate his ego more by saying so. She pushed him off of her and down on the bed. "Can you be serious for a minute?" she asked sitting up. "This whole night could go terribly wrong and be very awkward so to save us the trouble I'm leaving."

Ben let out a long groan as he watched her leave the bed. "You're evil."

Selene turned back around before she opened the door. Just leave, the little voice in her head demanded but she of course didn't listen. "And why is that?"

"Because you got me all hot and bothered and now you're leaving, that's evil, now what am I supposed to do?"

Selene smiled. "Figure it out, you have hands."

"You bitch." Ben said returning her smile.

"Yup."

"You know I could make you stay."

Selene didn't doubt that for one second as she looked into his eyes. "I'm leaving." She said and this time she opened the door and quickly left through it.

The next morning Selene sat at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal as she waited for Scott to give her a ride to school. The door to Ben's apartment opened and she felt him behind her but she refused to react. She continued to eat her cereal and flip through a magazine.

She looked up when he walked past her and into the living room then quickly turned back around. "What are you doing?" she asked.

Ben didn't answer, he pulled her up from the chair and kissed her full on the mouth but pulled away as quick as it had happened. "I had to do that before Scott comes down." He explained as he let her go and walked back to the refrigerator.

Selene was silent for a moment as she tried to regain her balance and shake his kiss from her mind. "Wait a minute." She said as her mind cleared. "What are we doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Pick another time to be stupid." Selene snapped as she looked toward the living room; the coast was still clear. "Us, what are we doing? Last night and now, what the hell is going on? I thought we were trying to work on going back to how things were before."

Ben grabbed a pop-tart and leaned against the counter with his ankles crossed. "I didn't like how things were before. Now I'm getting something in return."

Selene still felt lost. "So what you're using me for your sexual thrills?"

Ben smiled. "You're so cute."

Selene groaned. "Don't say that. That is not our relationship. I call you an ass and make fun of you and you do the same to me, that's what works." She tried to explain but the more she thought of everything the more she became confused on what was happening; what the hell did he want from her?

"We can still do that if you want just mix sex into it."

"I'm not sleeping with you, ever again. Last night was just another mistake I couldn't stop in time but it won't happen again." Selene decided to stick to her original plan, move past Ben and no more mistakes like getting too close for them to happen.

Ben smiled again as he met her dark eyes. "We'll see."