Chapter 24

Chapter 24

With Scott and Gillian still unable to find common ground the mood in the cabin was pretty depressing. Instead of having a huge Spring Break party everyone curled up in the living room to watch a movie. Well almost everyone, Scott was in his room being antisocial and Gillian and Maggie were also in their room. Maggie was trying to get through to her sister.

Luke and Tim were around the coffee table hogging all the snacks for themselves. Lisa was alone in the recliner facing the TV pretending to be interested in the previews showing before the main feature.

Selene wasn’t entirely sure how Ben managed to sit next to her on the couch under the covers. They both had their feet pulled up and stretched across the empty seat between them.

She tried to act natural as his hand circled around her ankle.

The movie began to play and she couldn’t for the life of her pay attention to it. Her heart was a loud drum inside her ears as his hand continued up her leg. She grabbed his hand before he could do any more damage to her sensitive willpower.

He was smirking when she glanced at him. It was pretty obvious he didn’t share her same level of fear about getting caught.

She looked back at the TV and realized she didn’t care one bit about the movie but she forced herself to keep her eyes on the colorful images. There were parts everyone laughed and she joined in with them and hoped they didn’t note how fake it sounded.

Two hours later the movie was over.

Lisa stretched. “The drive was pretty long. I’m beat.” She wished everyone else a goodnight and headed to bed.

“Well I’m wide awake.” Luke said. “Want to head into town with me and hit on some local strange?” he asked Ben.

Ben laughed. “Nah I’m good. I agree with Lisa the drive was pretty long and so was this movie. I’ll head to bed.”

“Boring.” Luke left to the kitchen to get Tim to go with him. It was barely 10’clock that night and way too early to sleep during a vacation in his opinion.

Selene looked around and made sure they were alone. “If you would’ve said yes I would’ve seriously given thought to your death.” She whispered as they still sat on the couch.

“Why would I go to a bar to score a chick when the one I want is right here?”

“Good. Just in case you didn’t know or weren’t sure this is exclusive.” Selene was already in too deep, if he cheated it’d break her heart.

“Got it. I didn’t tell you all that sappy shit in my room and beg for a chance just to get back in your pants you know.” Ben said with a slight edge to his voice. If she had to guess it seemed like he was offended by her lack of faith in their relationship.

“Just making sure.” She reached across the sofa cushion and grabbed his hand. “Once Tim and Luke leave we’re free and clear to be alone.”

Ben leaned in closer to her side. “Go change into whatever you’d wear for bed. If anyone asks questions you can always say you couldn’t sleep and went out for a walk.” he let his lips brush against hers.

Selene’s thoughts were muddled but she managed to nod and leave the living room. She was careful not to wake the other girls who were already asleep. She gathered her clothes and quickly left the room again. She opted not to use the bathroom inside their room and used the done down the hall. Again she didn’t want to risk waking anyone up.

After a quick shower she dressed in a pair of shorts and a large t-shirt, opting for no underwear. It’d just be more to take off later.

She was giddy with excitement as she left the cabin. The added danger of sneaking out only added to the need to she had to see Ben. A part of her knew this was wrong, all of the sneaking around was, and she should just fess up. Not yet. Maybe after Spring Break.

Past the cabins was a long trail to the lake. Off the lake were different seating areas for picnics during the day. Just after that was a little area where there was grass, a few trees and not much else. It was perfect for a secret meeting between lovers.

Ben sat on a blanket he had grabbed from the cabin waiting for her. He was still dressed in what he put on that morning, pair of jeans and a old t-shirt with their college’s name across the back.

He smiled as she came closer. “Run into anyone?”

“Nope.” She answered as she sat down next to him. “Everyone was in bed asleep or just about to get there. I haven’t seen Scott.” She was worried for her brother; it didn’t look like he was going to get a moment’s piece during this trip.

“Gillian and he broke up. From what he told me I think he broke up with her.”

Selene frowned. Scott was definitely miserable. “I don’t want to add to his drama but when we get back home I think we should sit him down and tell him about us.”

Ben nodded; he had no problem with it. If it had been up to him they would’ve told Scott that day he admitting his feelings to her instead of her hiding in his closet. “Can we stop talking about your brother now? It’s kind of a mood killer.” He was adorable when he pouted.

“You said earlier we needed to talk. We’re talking.” She enjoyed teasing him.

Ben gave her a smile that had her toes curling. “I know a better way of communicating.” He leaned in and kissed her, his hand possessively moving through her hair. She hadn’t washed it for this reason. She didn’t want him to be stuck with wet tangled hair.

She pulled at his shirt as his hand moved up her leg. She smiled against his lips as he realized she wasn’t wearing any underwear. He had inhaled deeply and she took the opening to pull his shirt off. “Unlike you,” she began as she reached for the button of his jeans. “I was considerate and wore as little as possible.”

Ben finished pulling his jeans off his legs; he didn’t want anything in their way. “I’ll keep that in mind for next time.” His voice was hoarse with arousal.

“Wait.” she stopped him from reaching for her shirt. He had ripped her other one earlier with his lack of patience. She reached from the bottom and pulled it over her head.

Ben knew how to make a girl feel wanted. She didn’t shy away from his open, honest approval as his eyes lingered on her body. While she hand his attention she decided to take the evening up a notch. She reached for her shorts next and slowly pulled them down her legs.

With a very audible groan he reached and pulled her into his lap.