Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Ben, truth or dare?"

"I'm not up for anything freaky so; truth." Ben answered.

Maggie dug in the bowl and pulled a piece of paper out. "Ok for this one the guys answer first then the girls since guys lack detail and shit. The question is; how did you lose your virginity?"

Everyone's eyes lay on Ben and waited to hear the story. "Ok fine" he sighed. "This girl I was dating and I liked to hang out on her roof, it was nothing fancy just the normal triangle roofs, one thing led to another and it happened." He simply explained with a shrug before taking a sip of his beer.

"How do you have sex on a roof?" Tim asked from his spot on top of the counter.

Ben laughed at the memory. "Carefully."

Maggie laughed. "You're such a romantic. Scott your turn, how'd you do it?"

Selene groaned. "I don't want to hear this."

"Then cover your ears, he has to answer or drink and same goes for you hon." Maggie reminded her.

Scott became somewhat serious as he answered the question. "It was prom night."

"See what I mean? No details!" Maggie expressed. "Hey wait a minute didn't you go to the prom with Lisa?" she was drunk and didn't take into thought that her sister and his current girlfriend Gillian was sitting right there and Lisa was a few steps back.

But Gillian pieced it together. "Yeah she was his date. I thought you said nothing serious ever happened between you?" she said to Scott as her anger caused the air in the room to tense.

Scott sighed; he should've taken the shots. "Can we not do this now?"

Gillian was furious and didn't care who was around. She knew Lisa and Scott dated but he swore it was nothing serious so Gillian was fine with them being friends, sort of. Now learning it wasn't just serious but life changing in a way pissed her off, the liquor in her system didn't help. "No we are going to do this now!" she stood from her seat and left the room. Instead of making the scene worse, Scott rose from the table and followed her out.

Selene sat back in her chair and grabbed her beer. "Twenty bucks they break up tonight."

"Bet." Tim said from behind her.

"Selene your turn." Maggie said.

"What?"

"The truth; how did you use your virginity?" Maggie repeated. "We are still playing."

"Um no," Selene shook her head and drank from her beer.

"Oh come on answer! Stop being a chicken and Scott's gone so it shouldn't be weird." Maggie pushed. "Or take the shots."

Selene had a test tomorrow she didn't want to have a hang over for, and Maggie was right, Scott was gone. She sighed. "Fine but it's a short boring story." She warned and noticed Ben was looking at her, waiting to hear the answer. She began to question her choice; maybe the shots would be easier.

"Yeah, yeah spill the beans." Another guy from the small crowd said, everyone agreeing.

"I got drunk," Selene began. "The next morning I woke up in his bed and realized it happened."

Maggie laughed. "Oh my god that is so slutty I love it. So wait you don't remember it happening?"

"I didn't that morning but I remembered later on in the day."

"And?" Lisa questioned.

"And what?"

"How was it?"

Selene blushed and took a long sip from her beer, finishing it off. "It was good." she admitted and stood from her seat. "That's it, the beer is gone and so am I." she excused herself from the table and others sat in the empty seats and joined the game.

She walked around the table and opened the back door; she stepped outside for fresh air since she didn't have the urge to go to bed yet. She walked down the porch, over to the side of the porch, leaning against the house and crossed her arms over her chest as the chilly night surrounded her.

A few minutes passed before the backdoor opened again, Ben stepped out and shut the door behind him. "I have something to ask you."

Selene sighed as continued to look toward the moon. "What?"

"Is it a hobby of yours to get drunk and end up in a guy's bed or is there something you're not telling me?" Ben asked as he came down the porch and stood in front of her.

Selene grinned, there were so many reasons she wished he'd go away and she would've said nothing, but standing there in that moment she didn't care. "What do you think?"

"I don't want to think about you in some guy's bed that's for sure."

Selene's grin turned into a smile. "Why?"

"You didn't answer my question and I asked first."

"Hmm that's fair." Selene still had her arms crossed as she met his eyes. "Don't read anything into this, it doesn't change the fact we're going back to the way things use to be. But yeah you were my first." She admitted, fearing his reaction, feeling nausea from the turns her stomach was doing.

It wasn't that simple, Ben did read something into it. He knew Selene, even before knowing the truth he knew she wasn't the type of girl to sleep around. Her virginity had to be something very important. "Why me?" he softly asked as he kept watching her dark soulful eyes.

"Can't you just drop this?"

"I'll drop it once you answer me."

Selene groaned, she knew she should've just stayed silent and taken the damn shots. "Fine I'll answer you but first we have to make a deal. Everything I tell you, everything that happens out here, stays out here. You can't bring it up or throw it in my face another day."

"I wouldn't throw it in your face, you have a deal."

Selene looked away from his eyes now and looked down at her sneakers. She thought back to that night, remembering it fully now. "I guess it was all the liquor but you were pretty nice to be around that night. When you kissed me it felt…safe. I knew you weren't going to hurt me and it felt good in that moment I didn't want you to stop. The answer to your question is I trusted you for the task." She looked up when she finished talking and found him smiling. "What?"

"You know that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me right?"

"Yeah don't get use to it." Selene returned the smile, relieved to see he didn't get too serious about the situation.

A minute of silence overlapped between them before he softly admitted, "You didn't let on."

"What?" Selene questioned as Ben leaned beside her.

"That you were a virgin, I wouldn't have guessed. You were really good."

Selene felt a ruse of heat rush to her cheeks. "Ok that's it I'm going to bed now."

"Wait, wait, wait." Ben grabbed her waist and pulled her back to the wall before she made it to the porch.

She was back against the side of the house but this time Ben stood in front of, not beside her. "What are you doing?" he stood so close that her chest and his touched.

"Our deal was whatever happens out here stays out here right? So we might as well make the most of that." Ben said as he his eyes glanced between her eyes and mouth.

Selene couldn't look away from his bright blue eyes; they were so intoxicating in that moment. "What do you want to do?" the words left her mouth in a soft whisper, slightly blushing against his lips.

"This." Ben said before capturing her lips into a kiss.

AN: Don't forget to vote if you're enjoying this story.