Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Selene sat behind the glass counter of the boutique and tapped her pen. Her thoughts wouldn't leave her alone, she tried to push them away but that made it worse. As the day went on she began to remember more from the night which only worsened her mood.

To make the day complete hell Jane walked through the heavy glass doors with a smile that caused Selene to want to throw up. "What can I do for you?" she flatly asked, still tapping her pen out of boredom and anger.

"I caught your show at The Shop last night, it was very…slutty."

"You're confusing me with yourself."

"Whatever, I won't let you ruin my mood." Jane said as she began to look around again, her mother's shop sold the best of the best in dresses; she was in the store at least once a week. It was a perk to also bother Selene Wright. "I have another date tonight." She said as she pushed some dresses down the rack.

"Oh goody for you." Selene rested her chin on her palm and wished another customer would come in.

"With Ben. We had such a good time last night that we decided to go out again. Hopefully this time you won't be around." Jane said.

Selene didn't want to think of Ben at all but she couldn't seem to get him out of her mind, having Jane around throwing their dates in her face didn't help. She wanted to go back to the time where Ben was just her brother's annoying friend she wanted to strangle at times. Not the biggest mistake of her life she couldn't seem to get out of her mind.

"Cat got your tongue?" Jane asked now as she walked over to the counter.

"No, I just don't care about what you have to say. You talk about Ben as if he's some big catch."

"He is, he's hot and smart, and he knows how to treat a lady on a date. Any girl would be crazy not to want him." Jane said as if Selene should've known that already.

"Then call me crazy." Selene mumbled.

Jane finally left an hour later after trying on a number of dresses. Selene guessed she just liked to play dress up because to go out on a date she didn't need a dress that expensive. The store was quiet again just as she liked it. But for the first time she since started working, she didn't want to go home.

Ben had a point even though she didn't want to admit it; she was letting what happened affect their crazy relationship, once Scott came back he'd pick up on it because he knew them both so well. "You have to work on it." She reminded herself as she left the store.

She was still nervous to go home; when she went inside she was very quiet and looked to make sure she was alone. When she saw she was, Selene let out a big sigh. Yes she had to face him but it didn't have to be now.

She let herself relax in front of the TV. She started to believe she wouldn't see Ben since he had a date and it was already getting late, but no such luck, after an hour in front of the TV he popped up in the kitchen.

It had been easier to see him that morning then at that moment because she hadn't remembered what happened; now she did and when she saw him, it all flashed in her mind.

"Hey." Ben said as he made his way into the living room.

"Hey, shouldn't you be gone?" Selene asked and kept reminding herself, so they slept together its not the end of the world, just relax.

"Where should I be?"

"Word is you have a date with Jane." Selene said, now looking at him as she sat curled up on the sofa.

"Oh yeah."

"Trouble in paradise? I was looking forward to seeing the little devil children you could've had." Selene joked as he sat on the other side of the sofa.

"I wasn't sober when I made that date." Ben admitted. "Jane is really boring unless otherwise."

Selene shrugged and put her focus back on the TV. "So cancel."

"And be stuck here with you? Nah I'll go get drunk." Ben said rising from the sofa. "But you," he began as he looked at her. "A deal's a deal, you have to stay here and do nothing stupid. You promised not to be a pain in the ass until Tuesday."

"I remember no such thing." Selene lied, she remembered making the deal and kissing his cheek. I must've been loaded out of my mind. "But I don't want to go out anyway so you have nothing to worry about."

Ben narrowed his eyes. "You're being too nice."

"I'm a nice person."

"No you're not."

"Ok true but I'm not playing you, I'm not going anywhere. I need to lay off liquor so I don't make anymore crazy out of my mind mistakes." Selene admitted.

"Alright, I'll see you later."

Selene watched him leave; yeah she had been too nice. By tomorrow she'd be a bitch to him again, she would make sure of it.