2: The Big Easy

*WARNING: THE LAST SECTION OF THIS CHAPTER DISCUSSES INFERTILITY, IF THIS IS TRIGGERING TO YOU THEN PLEASE SKIP AHEAD*

https://24.media.tumblr.com/7d520c53888042c2ba1e35f4108e081c/tumblr_mvqossbnDd1sb7gylo1_500.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

My grin was wide when I motioned to the bustling streets around us, "Welcome to 'New Orleans'; the 'City Of Mystery', 'The Queen Of The Mississippi', the 'Birthplace Of Jazz'--" I glanced back at Hayley, her brow raised and arms crossed. "Come on, Hayley! You could at least give me a smile."

She winced before pulling herself down from my truck, "Smiling would be a lot easier if my back wasn't fucked."

"Seriously?" I raised a doubtful brow, "The girl who roughs it for half the year can't handle a car nap?"

"Don't judge," Her hand moved in circles, attempting to massage the pain out of her lower back. "At least some of the ground is even."

"You poor soul(!)" I cooed, looping an arm over her shoulders and directing her towards a familiar bar. "At least we'll be living in the lap of luxury during our stay here."

"Ah yes, all thanks to this 'mysterious' friend of yours," her eyes rolled.

"Do ya' really gotta bite the hand that feeds ya'?"

"I can't help it," she grumbled, blindly following my directions. "According to you, the guy we're staying with is a vampire with an ego and a hatred for what we are. You already said how he cursed my pack, making it a thousand times more difficult to track them."

"Ah, but right after that I said that he only did that to keep his little vampire cronies happy. I've talked to him about it, and as soon as we find them we'll remove the curse and ensure their safety. I promise you, Hayley. We haven't come all this way just for Marcel Gerrards' ego to screw us over."

She scoffed out a laugh, "I'll take your word for it(!)"

"Hey!" I stopped our progress, pinning her arms beneath my hands as I paused in front of her. "Do you trust me?"

"Angel--"

I interrupted her whine, "Don't make me ask again, Marshall."

She sighed, "Yes, I trust you."

"Good, so trust that I won't screw you over. I meant what I said about reuniting you with your roots, and I'd like to think you know me well enough to know I don't promise shit willy-nilly."

Her lips twitched in a smile, "I do."

"Good," I returned to her side, arm now choosing to wind around her waist. "Now, what's your opinion on karaoke?"