Chapter 21: I Can't Believe Your Getting Married Before Me

It's been only a week since Hayley fully agreed to marry Jackson, they've done all the trials and today seems to be the big day. "You nervous?" I asked Hayley while fastening the back of her wedding dress.

"More than you know" she exhaled.

"It's never too late to back out" I reminded.

"Yes it is, I've already set everything up and the party is paid for so whether you want to or not you are going through with this marriage" Rebekah walked in and informed us.

"Lovely" Hayley took another nervous breath.

"You'll be fine, and everything will go perfectly" I promised. "Especially seeing as you're having the ceremony and party in the same venue. I'm sure Rebekah has had loads of fun setting up the compound(!)" I laughed.

"Hilarious, Angel. But that reminds me" and like that, Rebekah was gone.

"Do you mind if I go and speak with Jackson?" Hayley asked.

"Of course not! I'm not your mother, no need to ask for my permission" I laughed as Hayley left the room, leaving me to check over my dress:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/62/9a/ab/629aabb6b46cd4c572f6b6c5041f00e2.jpg.

"You look beautiful, love" I heard from the doorway behind me.

"Thank you, Nik. But when we get married, little miss who's making me look bloated will be out and I'll be back to skinny me...hopefully" I turned to him.

"As you wish, love" he walked towards me and kissed my lips sweetly. "Though, you do look glorious in this dress. I'm sure you look even better under it" he smirked and wagged his eyebrows.

"Uh, uh, uh." I stepped away from his grasp. "After the wedding, or at least, when this little one makes an appearance" I pointed to my stomach. "Now come on, the ceremony will be starting soon" I grasped his hand and pulled him out of the room with me.

-TIME SKIP-

"I see Josh has a date" I whispered to Davina when I took a seat next to her.

"That's Aiden, a werewolf from Jackson's pack. It's true love" she grinned. I would have talked more but the bride had arrived, so everyone stood. I moved around the back of the crowd and took my place at the bottom of the stairs when Jackson and Hayley were up there, and the ceremony had begun.

"We gather together, as a community seeking peace. Inspired by the union of this couple before you. There was a time when werewolves saw themselves, not as cursed but as blessed. With a connection to our most pure selves. And tonight, we honor that blessing with the long-awaited unification of the two cresent bloodlines. With this union, their pack will awaken unique gifts. And now, your vow" Jackson's grandma placed a candle between the couple's joined hands.

"I pledge to honor and defend you and yours, above all others..." Jackson started.

"To share blessings and burdens. To be your advocate, your champion..." Hayley continued.

"To be your comfort, your sanctuary. And for as long as we both shall live..." Jackson in there a second time.

"To be your family" Hayley finished.

"To be your family" Jackson repeated. They lit another larger candle next to them before turning to one another gain.

"You two have endured, all the traditional werewolf rituals and trials. There's only one remaining. Jackson, you may kiss your bride" Granny allowed before Hayley and Jackson shared a smile, leaned towards one another and shared a sweet kiss. There was a slight kerfuffle between the guests as the werewolves auburn eyes glowed slightly, the ceremony had worked.