3: Breaking The News

https://i.gifer.com/k5Q.gif.

Hayley had taken the news of my pregnancy a lot better than I did, my mind still in slight disbelief that I was to play the main character this time around

Hayley had taken the news of my pregnancy a lot better than I did, my mind still in slight disbelief that I was to play the main character this time around. I had too much to do to fix everything, and carrying a magical Tribrid baby would just slow that down--I'd have to be more cautious, more vigilant, more everything to ensure a future for her and myself where we were guaranteed safety. My brain refused to slow down after digesting that particular bombshell...

I knew as soon as I'd seen the crestfallen faces of the witches that 'guarded' us that I was too late to save Jane-Anne, my stomach twisting with guilt before I sat with her final words to me. The least I owed her was to save her daughter, and all I could hope was Monique's future could be tampered with enough so she'd survive this city.

"I'll be fine," I promised the werewolf with a squeeze of my hand. "They just need me to talk to an old friend of mine, I'll be back with you as soon as they let me."

Hayley's eyes briefly flashed to the quartet behind me, offering my hand another squeeze before reluctantly easing her grip. "Bring her out!" Echoed through the tomb walls, the creaking gate announcing our approach before a turned corner presented me to an Original vampire.

I tugged on my earlobe with nerves, "Hey, 'Lijah."

His gaze narrowed on my position, head turning a fraction in Sophie's direction. "Give us a moment, please..." Another lit tomb was motioned toward, Elijah allowing me entrance before closing us in. I curled up on a bench, resting my chin on my bunched up knees, eyes following the Original's pacing steps. "Have they been holding you here against your will?"

I shook my head, "Not me." His questioning glance forced my explanation, "They kidnapped the friend I was traveling with after luring her out to the bayou, I tracked her here after they'd already sent ripples to bring Klaus to town. I tried to tell them it was pointless, that if she'd just asked for my help then I would've helped her but--" I swallowed down the words, mind still reeling as I held onto my legs tighter.

He stopped to stare at me, swooping into the free space beside me before motioning to my head. "May I?"

I gave a shaky nod, my eyes already welling up. "J-just please don't hate me for lying to you..."

He seemed to frown at that, taking my closing eyes as acceptance before I felt the rough texture of his hands cup my cheeks. Everything flashed past my closed lids; Jane-Anne sharing my pregnancy, flirty interactions with Klaus, Gloria's death, re-mourning my Father, falling in love with Damon, befriending TV characters, appearing in 'Mystic Falls' for the first time, laughing and joking with my friends while watching their shows from our beat-up sofa back home...I saw the brief pain I ignored when first learning I might not be able to carry children, and a younger version of myself playing pool with my Grandpa in his den...the day my Mother abandoned me, and the day a Police Chief shared my Father's demise.