7: Visions?

https://i.gifer.com/3Bsw.gif.

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

DREAM

"Ok, guys," a pretty blonde I didn't recognise maneuvered through a crowded bar, "If these don't prep your liver for Mardi Gras, then nothing will." Two drinks were placed on a table, my stumbling steps bringing Josh and Hayley into view. I frowned at the pairing. A closer inspection placed who I recognised as Freya and Vincent to be joining them for a few drinks.

"My liver was probably dead before I became a vampire, but thanks, Poppy." Josh grinned at the waitress, raising his drink in silent cheers when she walked away with a giggle.

I was standing barely a table away from the quartet and yet none of them had noticed me, "Hayley!" The brunette was oblivious to my shout.

"Okaaayy," Vincent spoke up when I drew closer, waving my hands in front of Josh's face and continuing to be ignored. "So, we should probably get back to Mardi Gras prep."

"Oh, come on, Vincent, we got this. All right?" Josh shrugged the matter off, my brain deciding I was invisible to them. "It's gone off without a hitch for, what, seven years now?"

"Josh, that's because we haven't taken it for granted in seven years. Let me remind you, moments of prosperity are invariably followed by times of great pain, unless we remain vigilant."

Freya raised her drink to her lips, "Thank you, Mr. Buzzkill."

"Ok, Freya, what you got, Madi Gras prep?"

The blonde huffed out a breath, "The witches will be working on their float in the City of the Dead."

"The werewolves in the Bayou," Hayley nodded with her answer before turning to the vampire of their group.

Vincent raised an expectant eyebrow, "Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"Hmm?" The warlock stifled a chuckle, "This is when you're supposed to say that the vampires are gonna steer clear of both."

"Yeah, uh, actually," he dropped his phone on the table, his focus undistracted since Freya's initial mutter. "Maybe we should offer them some sort of incentive."

Hayley's crumpled brows matched my own frown, "Seven years of peace and prosperity not enough?"

"Well, it is," he picked at his napkin, "But we could always use more daylight rings."

"Is this a negotiation, Josh?" Again the vampire was pulled to his phone. "Marcel," Vincent realized.

"You know what(?) First of all, reading that was very rude, and second--"