13: A White Wedding

https://i.gifer.com/50PD.gif.

A MONTH LATER

A MONTH LATER

"Nervous?" I offered Hayley a comforting smile through our reflection, fastening the back of her wedding dress while keeping an ear out for her wedding planner.

"More than you know," she exhaled.

"It's never too late to back out--"

"Yes it is!" A tornado of blonde blurred into the room. "I've already set everything up and the party is paid for--So, whether you want to or not, you are going through with this marriage," Rebekah's threat only succeeded in pulling laughter from us.

"Lovely(!)"

"You'll be fine, and everything will go perfectly," I promised the Bride-to-be with a squeeze of her shoulders. "Especially seeing as you're having the whole thing in the same venue, I'm sure Rebekah has had loads of fun setting up the compound(!)"

I giggled at my blonde friend's glare, "Hilarious(!)"

Hayley turned to face me with a wince, "Do you mind if I go and speak with Jackson?"

"It's bad luck to--"

Rebekah thankfully took note of my raised brow. I turned back to Hayley with a smile, "If it'll get rid of the nerves," I encouraged before she slipped away with a crumpled brow.

"I don't see the point in her seeing him," the vampire busied herself with tidying up her vanity. "It goes against tradition, and risks them changing their minds when they both see how scared the other one is."

My eyes hovered over a veil Hayley had opted out of wearing, "She might just want the assurance that she's not the only one who's nervous. Trust me, the pair of them sharing that with each other will give them more confidence than you know..." My words were distracted, hands gliding down the silky material before I finally picked it up.

It was odd how perfect it seemed to fit my head, my eyes glazing over when I took in my reflection-- "You look beautiful," my gaze caught the Original's smile in the mirror.

"Thanks," I shook away my thoughts, removing the veil to admire it in my hand... "Marriage is another thing I never really considered," my mouth answered her silent question. "Kids weren't part of the plan, settling down wasn't part of the plan--a break from the chaos is something I've never really allowed myself to consider, to be honest."

"Would you consider it now?"

"I don't really think Nik is the marrying type, do you(?)" I looked up with a laugh, but the seriousness lining her expression made me pause. "Do you?"

"I think my brother has been the closest to resembling the human I once knew since meeting you," her touch was gentle as she stole the headdress, placing it back on my head and fixing my hair around it. "You make him want to be better; loving and honest...He feels safe enough to trust now, and I never thought I'd ever see that side of him ever again." She took a step back, happy with her work. "He's changed a lot in the last year. So, maybe he will want to get married at some point, would you say yes if he asked you?"