Chapter 23: Months Of Bliss Shattered In Seconds...

5 MONTHS LATER...

DREAM

'Panic Song' by Green Day played in the background as I sat beside's a picnic blanket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo51mCz4y1I.

"This is nice" I sighed and lay back on the grass, as Elena and Caroline appeared.

"I know, we never even see you anymore" Caroline fake scolded me while sitting on the picnic blanket next to Elena.

"What made you decide to visit?" Elena questioned as Bonnie joined us.

"I don't know. I guess after turning and having a tribrid baby, I needed an afternoon to be normal" I closed my eyes while still lying down, letting the sun heat up my semi-dead skin.

"Normal? With a witch, a vampire and the Petrova doppelganger?" Bonnie scoffed.

"That's as normal as it get's, I guess" I shrugged from my position, chuckling slightly.

"Why aren't Klaus and Hope here?" Elena asked.

"Because this is a dream, I needed girl time where I didn't feel guilty or nervous about not being by Hope's side" I replied.

"So you're escaping from them?" Caroline guessed.

"No, I'm just chilling with my best friends in a dream. A dream that's rare for me to have, considering how much sleep I'm losing out on" I sighed.

"You shouldn't be a mom, or a fiancee if you want to escape them" Bonnie spoke in a dark tone.

"I don't want to escape them, it's just a dream about missing my friends. It doesn't make me a bad person just because Klaus and Hope aren't here" I sat up in a flash.

"Then what are you?" they spoke in unison, all sat on their knees side by side and their heads tilting to the right slightly as they spoke.

"I'm tired and I'm panicky and I'm nervous. Dahlia could wake up any day now and I'm scared that she'll succeed this time around. So many things are different because I'm here, what if I don't get a happy ending?! What if she show's up and we're caught off guard, she could easily take me and Nik down no matter how hard we fight and then take my baby girl" I confessed my worries. "That's why I'm dreaming about neither! Because if I do, I know all my worries will surface and I won't be able to hold it together when I wake up and have to face them..." as my eyes watered I felt the world fade away.

END DREAM

Wailing dragged me from my drowsy state as I climbed out of bed and walked towards Hope's adjoining room, opening the doors and walking over to her I felt myself become more awake. And as I picked her up, and held her close while she cried for attention. I couldn't help but think how adorable she is, and how lucky I am to have her:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e3196503e06a5ee236a53e2c6a5687d9/tumblr_inline_mu97ibcPcI1rg5w1l.gif.

"Shhh, darling. Don't wanna wake your daddy up before sunrise, do we?" I joked as she gave a slight giggle.

"Hilarious, love" Nik's voice sounded from behind me, I turned to face him with a smirk.

"Well maybe if you got up to her, then we wouldn't laugh at you at your expense" I shrugged.