5: Wolf Pack

https://i.gifer.com/25zI.gif.

A FEW DAYS LATER

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Rise and shine sleepy-head," I entered our little cabin with caution, Hayleys groans welcoming me. "I bring a gift from your furry admirers."

"Ulgh, too early," she rolled over onto her side, the chains hooked over the bottom of her bed rattling.

"Get dressed," I threw her some sweats. "We've got a busy day on the books."

"What are you talking about?" She pulled a jumper over her head, frowning at the book I'd tossed onto our counter-top. "What's that?"

"Like I said; a gift from your pack," she hopped into her pants, stumbling over to the leather bound paper. "I saw your blonde friend drop it off when I was coming in this morning, though the second she caught my scent she ran off without a word."

"Cool..." She flickered through the pages, inspecting the withered spine. "How was last night?"

I huffed out a breath, "Davina seems more comfortable around me, warming up to the idea of the Harvest with both mine and Marcel's encouragement, as well as free reign inside my skull. It shouldn't take much longer."

She didn't bother looking up, rounding the small room to sink into our half chewed out sofa, "And our other problem?"

"I gave her the grimoire," I referenced one of Esther's dusty old books I stole from the Mikaelsons home a little under a week ago. "Hopefully with enough playing about, we'll be unlinked from Sophie this time tomorrow."

She finally put the book down with my sigh, "Then what's the plan?"

"Well, Marcel said his vampires weren't the happiest when he told them what we planned with tomorrow's full moon, but there's been no other hitches in our schedule."

"And the Mikaelsons?" I chewed on my thumb with her raised brow, "You can't avoid them forever, Angel."

"I'm not avoiding them," I refused in a rush of words. "I may have run into Elijah."

"And?"

"He trusts me to know what I'm doing, but he also said Klaus' patience is wearing thin in regards to the roadblocks I've put between us." I did a circling motion with my hand, referencing the magical parameter I'd asked Davina to put on the bayou to keep vampires out at a certain distance without an invite. "He's not happy I've been so open with his 'enemy', and yet I refuse to see him."

Almost every other day I'd traveled back to the Compound or the church with the guards of Marcel's inner circle, Thierry and I even becoming oddly close after I started asking about his relationship with Katie and didn't lie when he questioned my own plans. We met at the border most nights and I'd spend a few hours either plotting with his maker or talking with Davina before he'd escort me back. Jacksons wolf made his first appearance the same night I met Davina, watching from the shadows and tilting his head in interest at Hayleys appearance. Eve's visits followed soon after. The blonde had been very open with Hayley and answered almost all of her questions, and in turn, Hayley informed her of my plan to free her pack and negotiate with the three other factions littering the city on their doorstep.