Chapter 27: Who Knew Esther Could Be Helpful(?)

"Well, that's not a very nice greeting(!)" she chuckled.

"Who said I wanted to be nice? You're the sad and lonely witch trying to take my baby girl away from me, why should I be nice to you?" I growled.

"Because if you're not, then I can easily do this" she raised her hand to probably give me a withgrain, but all I felt was a little tickle at the back of my head.

"Pathetic, 1000-years-old and you can't even give me a witchgrain" I scoffed as she tried again.

"And why would that be?" she frowned and gave up on trying.

"Let's just say I had a friend help me out" I rushed in front of her and held her in the air my her neck. "If only I could just kill you right this second, so many problems would be solved. Sadly, I hear that you have a tendency to come back to life" I gripped her neck harder.

"Lucky for me" she whispered out in a strangled voice.

"You know, there's something very damaged about you. For you to go through all this trouble just to spite Esther, a girl you once loved more than anyone" before she could respond I snapped her neck, allowing her to slip from my grip and land on the cobbled ground below:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/cf6b045f084de20aa27da186887b55f4/tumblr_inline_mu97pe9PEW1rg5w1l.gif.

I stared at her for a few moments before carrying on with my journey back to the compound.

THE NEXT DAY

"Did you do it?" I asked Freya while pouring myself a drink.

"Yes, we now have a weapon against Dahlia, All we need now is your child" Freya looked up at me.

"Why?" I frowned even though I knew the answer.

"Dahlia is protected by a powerful magic. We have created a weapon filled with items that represent her vulnerabilities: sacred soil, the ash of a fallen Viking and the blood of the witch who broke her heart" Freya explained.

"Yours?" I questioned.

"Yes" she answered. Well, thank god she still used hers the first time around. "I will use what remains of these ingredients to create a killing ground, where Dahlia will be rendered mortal. But we need to lure her there, Angela" she finished.

"Do you expect me to use my daughter as bait?" I scoffed.

"You will make the right choice. For Hope. There is no-other-way to keep her from the miserable existence I endured. One of slavery under a tyrant" she attempted to convince.

"Don't try and make this seem as a selfless action, because when Dahlia is dead you yourself will be free" I frowned.

"If you won't willingly allow me to use Hope, then I will take her by force to lure Dahlia into a trap. As I said...there is no other way..." Freya's face took on a cold look.

"I'll be back later" was all I said before leaving her to spell Nik's paintings in the lounge, on her own.

-TIME SKIP-

I've already been through the gollum idea with Davina, and I have a syringe filled with Hope's blood. I walked back into the compound around late morning to find Freya still spelling Nik's paintings.