Chapter 31: The Perfect Day...We Hope...

THE NEXT DAY

Hope and I sat in the compound lounge, playing with her favourite teddy. "Only 24 more hours before Daddy's home, though I think while Rebekah and I have been travelling from store to store you've seen him" she laughed at my words.

"Angel!" Rebekah's voice echoed from downstairs.

"What?" I replied in an even tone.

"You've got visitors" when she said that I grinned.

"We're coming!" I picked up Hope and sped to the center of the compound, Hope giggling because of the speed. Slowing my speed back down so Hope and I were visible, "You guys made it" I greeted as Rebekah directed everyone through the compound's entrance.

"Angel!" Care shrieked before whizzing in front of me, but her hug was stopped when she noticed the mini me in my arms. "Awww, she's so adorable..." her face lit up when she saw Hope. "So this is my god-daughter?"

"According to you" I gave her a look. "Do you wanna hold her, Care?"

"What if she doesn't like me?" Care looked nervous. But as she spoke Hope smiled and held her arms up to Care, wanting to be picked up. Slowly Care took Hope from my arms, but the second Hope was there Caroline's whole body relaxed and she looked a lot more comfortable while holding Hope.

"Hey guys" I greeted everyone else with a wave before hugging Elena and Bonnie. "Alaric, I bet you missed my attitude more than me" I waggled my eyebrows as he just rolled his eyes at me, and once Bonnie and Elena walked over to Care and Hope I gave him a hug.

"Am I just gonna be left out?" Jer's voice pulled me away from my hugging of Matt, I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"How could I ever leave you out, Jer-Bear? You complain enough for me to pay attention to ya" I smirked.

"You wouldn't have me any other way, and you know it" he pulled me into a hug.

"I may tweak a thing or two if I'm honest" I announced while pulling away.

"Forget about us?" Damon's voice made me raise an eyebrow as I turned to him and Stefan.

"How could I forget about my boys? My beloved Salvatore brothers? I'll be dead before your both erased from my memory" I pulled them both into a three-way hug.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Matt asked when I'd took Hope back from Care and shown everyone up to the lounge.

"Well, all of us girls are having a party here. If you guys want to join Nik then he'd love to have you, but if you don't then there are a lot of bar's around here if you want to have your own party" I offered to the boys in the room.

"We'll think about it" Alaric answered for the group, and the guys just seemed to agree when a familiar voice sounded from downstairs.

"Angel! I'm here!" Kat's here, yes!

"Excuse me a minute guys" I made my way towards the door at human speed when Care stopped me.

"Why the hell is Katherine here?" she frowned.

"We're friends, don't you guys already know this? She's here for the wedding and will be at the party later so play nice" I moved to leave again when Bonnie stopped me.

"Are you sure Hope's okay around her?" Bonnie's frown copied Care's earlier one.

"Yeah, she's only Katherine" I shrugged and finally had the chance to leave. "Kitty-Kat!" I greeted from the top of the stairs.

"Why is there a tiny person in your arms?" was all she said when I stood in front of her.

"Kat, this is my baby girl, Hope. Hope, this is my 500-year-old friend, Katherine" I introduced them in a joking manner, all Hope did was gurgle while Kat cracked a smile.