Chapter 29: Long Time Coming...Part 2

THE NEXT DAY

Rebekah and I traveled slightly out of town to a cake shop, only the Rebekah Mikaelson could find. "I feel like you're trying to fatten me up" I pouted to Rebekah.

"I don't want you spitting out your wedding cake, do I? That might ruin your dress" she pointed out and I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Then why isn't Nik here? What if he spits it out on his suit?" I pointed out.

"Your gonna pick two types of cake, I send them down to Nik and he picks the final product. Simple" she shrugged.

"And again you're left with all the work while I eat cake" so much guilt hid in my tone.

"I like all the work, it keeps me distracted..." she trailed off. But before I could question it, the guy walked into the main part of his little shop holding a tray of 5 cake squares.

"Hello, Mark" Rebekah greeted. "This is the bride-to-be, Angel. Angel, this is Mark. He owns this place with hisss...boyfriend, or husband?" she frowned slightly.

"Husband, of four years" Mark answered.

"Wow, and you can still stand each other(?)" I laughed slightly at my joke.

"I'm waiting for the 10-year point, that's when I expect to lose interest(!)" he joked back, which allowed Rebekah to join our laughter.

"What are the flavors?" I questioned.

"They are; Red Velvet, Chocolate, Pink Champagne, Vanilla, and Lemon." Mark answered while placing the tray on the counter in front of us, before handing us two plastic forks.

"Sounds delicious" Rebekah commented as I went straight for the Pink Champagne one.

"That one is delicious" I said with a semi-full mouth after tasting the Red Velvet piece.

"Do you have any favorites?" Mark asked after I'd had a bite of all the pieces.

"I do, what about you Bek's?" I turned to her.

"Well yeah, but it's not my wedding" she laughed slightly.

"Just tell me you're two favorites" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Red Velvet and Lemon" she answered with a shrug.

"Well I love the Red Velvet so that's definitely going to be one of Nik's options, and my second favorite was the Pink Champagne one" I smiled.

"Unsurprisingly(!)" Rebekah coughed causing Mark to laugh.

"Well, we can send the: Lemon, Red Velvet and Pink Champagne one's to your fiancee, or he can visit the shop. And once there's a final decision, we just need a full 6 to 12 hours to create the design that Rebekah has already described to us. Depending on if we have any difficulties, but either way--once he decides you should have a lovely cake for your wedding day" Mark smiled and I returned it.

"We can only hope the wedding day is a success" I laughed in a slightly nervous tone.

-TIME SKIP-

It was mid-day and I was humming the song 'Angels' by Robbie Williams to Hope as she drifted to sleep against my side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwAMFcc2f8.