6: Human Influence

https://64.media.tumblr.com/336789e8cc218fcbb7384ad07441ef71/38d41fd30624b957-ac/s400x600/106e72ac705efababcd94ff075e35f0721ec9f15.gif.

My turn was hesitant, the sight of my favorite Lebonair standing just a few feet in front of the Hybrid confirmed she'd invited him inside the barrier

My turn was hesitant, the sight of my favorite Lebonair standing just a few feet in front of the Hybrid confirmed she'd invited him inside the barrier. My tongue felt too big for my mouth when I remembered she also saw my interaction with Oliver, "Hayley, I'm so sorry I--"

"Don't," her smile was small, steps approaching me slowly; almost as though she didn't want to spook me. "I trust you with my life," she admitted. "You stuck your neck out for me when you didn't need to, you've reunited me with a family I didn't even know I had, you've been kinder than anyone else has in years to me. And you've never expected much, just hoped I'd be willing to do what you needed to be done." She reached for my hands, shoulders relaxing when I matched her grip. "I know everything you do has a reason. So, don't apologize for being protective because you wouldn't threaten anyone as a joke. I understand some people only listen when they're scared, and from what you've seen you know he's one of them."

My responding smile was exhausted, "Thank you," escaped me in a grateful whisper.

"Anytime," she winked before her expression grew a little sheepish. "I'm sorry I've forced you to have this conversation now."

"Don't worry about it," I waved the matter off, a part of me amused we were referring to Klaus as though he couldn't hear and see us. "It needed to happen at some point, sooner rather than later if I'm honest." I glanced back at the distracted wolves, "Enjoy the celebration, I'll come and say goodbye before I head back to town."

"You promise?"

I gave her hands a squeeze before letting go, "I promise." I waited until she was out of hearing distance before offering Klaus my complete focus, "So, did you have to threaten her for an invite or what?"

His chuckle was weak, "Sadly not, little wolf. It seems your friend believed we needed to speak."

I raised a questioning brow, "But you don't?"

Pain morphed his expression, lips parting with the struggle to form words before he released a heavy sigh, "I don't know where to start."

"An apology for ordering the death of me and your unborn child could work."

https://i.gifer.com/5HVO.gif.

gif