Chapter 24: Phone Calls! Phone Calls For Days!

"Can't you just give her a chance?" I pouted at Nik.

"I don't trust her around my family or my daughter, and I never will. I grew up with my siblings, and after 1000 years of schemes against each other, I've just learned to fully trust all of them. How can you expect me to trust her when we've only just met?" he frowned.

"Because I said you can...and even if you don't, once this is all over she'll be a mortal witch. Eventually, she'll die and you'll be left with the family unit that you've been used to for the past 1000 years" I promised. "But we need her if we're going to defeat Dahlia."

"Why? You already know everything that's going to happen, why would we need her?" he stood from his seat at the dining table.

"Because we still need something to lure Dahlia here so we can kill her that isn't our daughter, that doesn't put Hope at risk. We need her as a distraction and nothing more, and once this is all over you need to allow Freya the freedom she desires instead of just killing her on the spot...whether that be to travel anywhere and live out her mortal life how she chooses, or to spend time with and get to know her family until she dies. Okay?" I leaned against the wall behind me as he neared me.

"Fine" he agreed.

"Great, now...give me some snuggle time, before I go and get a blood bag" I pouted and held my arms out wide:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/4c0394f341ead162833c991dde956626/tumblr_inline_mu97txXBNE1rg5w1l.gif.

"You know, you do say the most childish things" he rolled his eyes and accepted my hug.

"And yet you still love me" I grinned as we left the hug.

"Always and forever, Angel" he whispered before leaning down and kissing me.

THE NEXT DAY

"Thank you for taking Hope away from the dinner last night Bek's, it was a big help" I thanked while preparing my breakfast.

"It's no problem, I know how Nik can be around new people who he considers a threat. Speaking of Hope, where is she? Doesn't she normally enjoy observing you cook" Bek's smiled.

"Nik decided to show her his painting studio for the hundredth time(!)" I laughed. "He decided to spend the day helping her paint since I'm making phone calls for most of it" I shrugged.

"Why are you making a bunch of phone calls?" she tilted her head slightly.

"Just preparations for when that b!t*h Dahlia shows up, I just wanna be ready for her death that's all" I answered while staring coldly at the cooking bacon in front of me. "Anyway..." I snapped out of it, turned to her and smiled. "Aren't you supposed to be meeting with Marcel?"

"Yes, so don't wait up" she smirked before vanishing from sight. I quickly turned the stereo on before continuing to cook, 'Lips' by Marian Hill bounced off the walls of the room:

https://youtu.be/8-FUkhVtveU?list=PLPCeKfSGcFfSFo3t5Yor7KLa7iY1aCrD3.

While waiting for my food to cook I pulled out my phone and dialed the first number of today...

PHONE CONVERSATION

K- Yes?

A- Well aren't you welcoming when answering the phone(!)

K- Only for you, Angel. Someone sounds happier than the last time I saw them, what happened?