Chapter 8 - Just Like You

*Skye's P.O.V.*

Most college students don't spend their Saturday buying groceries unless it's for a party they're having later, but I'm buying food for Monique and I this week.

Monique is the only person I've hung out with all week because I've been really busy.

I was almost done shopping when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Skye"

I turned to see Harry who was also grocery shopping.

"Hey Harry"

"I haven't seen you around at all this week"

"Yeah, I've been kinda busy lately"

"That's too bad, you missed an awesome party last night"

"Really?"

"Yeah, Zayn was so drunk he hurt his wrist when he fell off a table" Harry laughed.

"Damn, I wish I would've been there"

"Well, are you busy tonight? The boys and I have a gig at a club"

"I'm free tonight"

"That's great! You should come!"

"I'll be there"

"Great, I'll text you the details later"

"Great"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you going tonight?" Monique asked me.

"I'm going to a club, Harry invited me. He and the other boys have a gig tonight"

"Niall's going to be there?"

"Of course he is, he's part of the band"

"And Alicia?"

"I don't know, if she is I'll just ignore her" I shrugged, continuing to get ready.

"Alicia's not an easy person to ignore. Are you sure you're okay with seeing them together?" Monique asked.

"I'm fine! Besides, they aren't going to be together the entire night, He's going to be onstage"

"You know Alicia, she'll try to talk her way into being onstage with him"

"Either that or she'll be flirting with every guy in the place 'till Niall jumps offstage and beats the shit out of whoever she's flirting with"

"Promise you'll send me a video if that happens?"

"Of course!" I laughed.

I sat down on my bed before putting my shoes on.

"Would you like me to send you a video of their performance?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I want to see how good they are"

"I don't know about the other four, but I have heard Niall sing and he is really good" I told her emphasizing the word 'really'.

"When have you heard him sing? When he'd drive you somewhere?"

"No, one time when we were hanging out in my room and I made him sing for me"

"Girl, that's personal"

"Not like that! I asked if he had any hidden talents and he said he could sing, so I made him sing. He can also play guitar" I told her before fixing my makeup.

"Really?"

"Uh-huh"

"What did he sing?"

"Teenage Dirtbag"

"Perfect song choice" she laughed.

"He may be rude sometimes, but I wouldn't say he's a total dirtbag"

"Yeah, 'cause you love him"

"I do not!"

"Yeah, you do. But you're right, he's not a total dirtbag. I meant it was a perfect song choice because the song mentions being in love with a girl that doesn't give a damn about him, or so he thinks"

"Kind of like how Alicia doesn't give a damn about him, but he still loves her. I'm such an idiot. I should've known he still loved her from the beginning"

"You kind of did" Monique reminded me.

"Yeah, but I chose to ignore it like the idiot I am"

"You're not an idiot"

"Yes, I am and I'm going to be an idiot that's late if I don't get going"

"Alright, well I'll see you later"

"See ya later"
__________________________

(A/N)

To be honest, I randomly selected for Niall to sing Teenage Dirtbag in Make You Believe because 1D has covered it before, but I now see how it was kind of foreshadowing, which is why I mentioned it.

💋 -TVo