Chapter 39 - Follow You

*Skye's P.O.V.*

It's been about a month since Greg's wedding and Niall and I are currently at the party his frat is throwing after winning the finals.

"Hey guys, I want you to meet my girlfriend Katerina" Harry said, approaching us with a beautiful girl with dark hair in his arms.

"Nice to meet you, Katerina" we greeted her. She was so tiny, almost a foot shorter than him.

"You can call me Kat" she replied. "It's nice to meet you guys too"

"I'm Skye and this is Niall, by the way" I told her since Harry forgot to.

"I know, I've heard so much about you"

"Good things, I hope" Niall replied.

"Of course!" She replied. I see why Harry likes her, she's so upbeat!

The four of us talked for a while before they left to get another drink.

"She's lovely" I said. Niall agreed with me as Alicia appeared in front of us with a guy I didn't recognize.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" Niall and I both said at the same time.

"Hey guys, this is Ronnie" she greeted. "He's my boyfriend. I finally managed to decide on a man. There were so many to choose from"

"I'm sure there was" I sarcastically replied.

"Nice to meet ya Ronnie" Niall said, clearly not giving a shit that Alicia has a new man.

"Nice to meet you too" he replied.

"How long have you two been dating?" I asked him.

"Not long, but I'm madly in love with Andrea" he answered, unenthusiastically.

"Alicia" she corrected, shooting him a look. Embarrassed, she grabbed his arm and walked off.

"Can I have my beer money now?" He asked her.

Niall and I laughed before going into the kitchen to get another drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's about 2:30 a.m. and Niall is absolutely shit-faced. I'm helping him upstairs to his room before he passes out.

Once we're in his room, I help him change into his sweatpants.

It's too late to go back to my dorm, so I changed into some of Niall's clothes to wear as pajamas before climbing in bed beside him.

"Still awake? I figured you'd be passed out by now"

"Like I'd sleep when you're taking your clothes off in front of me" he replied.

"I was also putting my clothes on"

"So? I still got to see you without your clothes on" he smirked.

"You're such a dork" I laughed.

"You still love me" he slurred.

"I do"

"Can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything"

"I've had a massive crush on you for years, even before I dated Alicia the first time. Even though you pissed me off the day I got it, I got the sugar skull to remind me of the night you were dressed as one 'cause that was the night I finally kissed you. I like to get tattoos that represent my favorite memories and I felt like that one definitely deserved to get a tattoo" he told me. "The first time I started dating Alicia, I did like her, I liked both of you, but for some reason I was too intimidated by you to make a move"

"Too intimidated by me? Usually people are intimidated by Alicia, not me" I replied.

"You're so beautiful it's intimidating. I wasn't intimidated by her, so I decided to go for her since I didn't think I had a shot with you. Obviously I fell in love with her after a while, but there was always something about you"

"If you basically settled for Alicia, then why did you cheat on me with her when you and I finally started dating?" I asked him.

"I wasn't over her and I felt you were too good for me. Alicia fucked me up emotionally and I already didn't think I was good enough for you before Alicia and I started dating, so I felt it was only a matter of time before you didn't want me anymore. I guess I tried to break your heart before you broke mine" he confessed.

"Why?"

"I dunno, I guess 'cause I'm a dumbass"

"Why were you acting weird at your brother's wedding?" I asked him. I know he's drunk, but I'm dying to get answers and they say 80% of what a drunk person says is true.

"I can't tell ya that, Love" he said, looking sleepy.

"Why not?"

"'Cause it might spoil the surprise" he yawned, falling asleep.
__________________________

(A/N)

I'm so, so, so, so sorry!! I'm the absolute worst!! I've been so busy and haven't got a chance to update!!

💋 -TVo