Chapter 23 - Training Wheels

*Skye's P.O.V.*

"Why was Harry texting you earlier?" Monique asked.

"He said his cousin is visiting because she's thinking about coming to WSU next year, so he can't go on our date"

"Niall looked pretty jealous when you said you were texting Harry"

"That's what I thought, but he said he wasn't when I asked" I said.

"He was just saying that" she replied. I shrugged in response. "Hope you're prepared to see him today"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He's gonna try everything to win you back"

"He'll have to because I don't trust him. Not only did he cheat on me, but he had sex with her moments after we broke up! Who fucking does that?!"

"I agree, that's totally fucked up, but I think he's genuinely sorry and he really wants you back. I think he'll do just about anything"

"Maybe so, but some things can't be taken back"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Monday morning which means today I have to go to my Literature class. I got there a little early, so I sat in my usual seat, waiting for class to begin. Niall and Harry weren't there yet, so I got a pencil and notebook out of my bag. I looked up and saw Niall entering the classroom alone. He walked over and sat down beside me.

"Where's Harry?" I asked.

"He's not gonna be in class today. He's showing his cousin around" he replied.

"Oh, cool. Where's Percy?"

"He's hanging out at the frat house. He and the boys are already pretty tight" he replied.

"That's good" I replied awkwardly.

"Yeah" We sat in silence for a minute before Niall started a new conversation. "What are you doing later?"

"Why?"

"Just wondering"

"Oh, I'm not doing anything" I told him.

"Wanna hang out?"

"Why?"

"'Cause we agreed to be friends and I'd like to talk to you" he explained.

"About what?"

"Just stuff..."

"Okay..."

"Do you wanna talk at the frat house or do you wanna go somewhere?" He asked.

"Frat house is fine"

"Sounds great" he said.

What could he possibly want to talk about? Does he want to talk about us? Is he trying to win me back?

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You keep tapping your pencil like you do when you get nervous" he said, gesturing towards my hand.

"I'm not nervous"

"Yeah, you are"

"No, I'm not. You just wanted to start a new conversation 'cause you're a chatty person and you don't like silence"

"That's not true. You're nervous and you are trying to act like you aren't. Don't worry Love, you don't need to be nervous" He replied, reassuring me.

"Whatever you say Niall"
__________________________

(A/N)

I am soooo sorry you guys!! I'm so bad about updating and I really need to get better about it! I have been so busy lately and I completely forgot!

💋 -TVo