Chapter 14 - Left Alone

*Skye's P.O.V.*

Monique and I are sitting on the bleachers watching soccer practice.

"Wow, Vic's really good" I told Monique.

"Yeah, but Niall seems to be a bit off today" she replied.

"Yeah, usually he's killing it out there, but he seems to be off in his own little world"

"Horan! What the hell are you doing?!" The coach yelled after pulling Niall aside.

"I'm sorry Coach, I guess my mind is somewhere else" Niall responded.

"Well, get your head in the game! I can't afford to have you playing like that in an actual game!"

"I wonder what's going on with him" I said to Monique as the coach had Niall return to the field.

"Vic told me that Niall and Alicia got into a fight" she replied.

"Again? They just made up!"

"Yeah and I guess it was pretty bad. Vic said he didn't hear what they were saying, but they were yelling very loudly"

"I wonder what they were fighting about"

"I don't know, maybe you can offer to meet up with him for lunch and discuss it with him"

"Oh, sure. How exactly am I going to get him to discuss his relationship with me?"

"I don't know, you've got a nice body, use it to your advantage" she chuckled.

"I am not going to sleep with Niall to get him to tell me what happened to Alicia!"

"Shhh! Quiet! Someone could hear you!" She shushed, still laughing. "How are you going to try to get him to talk?"

"There are two ways to get a man to do what you want: food and sex. I'm going to try the lunch approach"

"What if that doesn't work?"

"I'll keep trying to bribe him with food until he gives in or I give up, but I'm NOT going to have sex with him" I told her.

"Maybe not anytime soon, but you probably will at some point"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I have a feeling you two will get back together at some point"

"Probably not. He's in love with Alicia, not me"

"If that were true, how come he stood up for you instead of Alicia? How come he and Alicia are constantly fighting? How come he's trying so hard to be in your life?"

"You're full of it, Monique"

"Am I? Don't act like you haven't seen it too"

Before I could respond, soccer practice was over and Niall was approaching us.

"Skye, Monique, what are you two doing here?" He greeted.

"I'm waiting for Vic. We're going to lunch together" Monique answered, dropping a hint.

"I'm here with her" I continued quietly.

"Oh" he responded shyly.

"What's up with you? You seem off" Monique asked.

"Nothing really, Alicia and I had an argument" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"That's too bad" Monique said, pretending she didn't know about it. "I've gotta go, Vic's waiting for me"

"So..." I said awkwardly once we were alone.

"What are you doing today?" He asked me.

"I don't have anything planned. What about you?"

"Nothing"

"Wanna go get lunch?" I casually suggested.

"Alright, but I'm going to shower and change my clothes first"

"Okay, sounds good"
__________________________

(A/N)

Make You Believe has over 3k reads!!!! Thank you guys!!!!

💋 -TVo