Chapter 11 - A Single Moment Of Sincerity

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Why the hell would you bring that up?" I asked Alicia, a few minutes into an awkwardly silent car ride.

"To protect your friends" she responded sarcastically.

"You and I both know damn well that you don't give a shit about my friends. In fact, you don't give a shit about anybody but yourself"

"I care about other people besides myself" she defended.

"No, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't have brought all that shit up. You would've thought about Skye and her feelings about all of this. Have you ever considered that Ryder might actually be guilty? A fucking jury did"

"Innocent people go to prison all the time"

"Not with that much evidence"

"They had sex and she probably was jumped in that shit neighborhood she lives in. Then she probably figured she could get a payoff if she made it look like Ryder raped her"

"If she wanted a payoff then how come she didn't take the money you guys offered to keep her quiet?"

"She wanted more"

"Do you hear yourself? That story is fucking ridiculous and doesn't make any sense!" I said as I pulled up to the dorm where she lives, or is supposed to live, but she usually spends all her time at the frat house.

"What are you doing?" She asked after she realized where we were.

"I brought you to your dorm"

"Why? Don't you want me to stay at the frat house with you?"

"Nope, I can't even stand the sight of you right now"

"Fine, but don't call me later when you get lonely"

"Don't worry, I won't"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell was that all about earlier?" Louis asked.

I grabbed a beer from the fridge before joining the others on the couch. Luckily, we had the frat house to ourselves since the other guys were at a party at a different frat house on campus.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"That argument that Skye and Alicia were having"

"One summer, back when Skye and Alicia were friends, Skye was waiting for Alicia at her house and Ryder, Alicia's older brother, raped her. She went to the police and Alicia's family offered her some money to drop charges and Skye didn't accept. Now Ryder is in prison and the Romano family has turned everyone against Skye, claiming she's a liar even though there was a ton of evidence against him"

"Wow" Zayn replied.

"That's crazy" Louis added.

"Poor Skye" Liam stated.

"Wait, Skye and Alicia were friends?" Harry asked, confused.

"Is that the only thing you got from that story?" I asked him.

"No, but I just can't picture them being friends"

"Idiot" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Are you glad you finally have some time away from Alicia?" Liam asked.

"Yeah"

"How did you manage to get time alone? She's kind of clingy" Louis wondered.

"We got into an argument"

"That's too bad" Liam replied.

"Yeah, but it's also too bad that she couldn't keep her mouth shut about the whole 'Ryder raping Skye' thing. It wasn't her place to tell you guys"

"Yeah, but when have you ever known Alicia to keep her mouth shut?" Zayn asked.

"That's true. She always loved gossiping, but that doesn't mean it was right of her to bring all of that up"

"Of course not, but that's Alicia" Liam told me.

"Yeah, I guess that is"
__________________________

(A/N)

I can't believe Louis is already a daddy! Congratulations to Louis and Briana!!!

💋 -TVo