Chapter 24 - The Webs We Weave

*Skye's P.O.V.*

After class, Niall and I made our way across campus to the frat house.

"Hey guys" we greeted before making our way up to Niall's room.

I set my bag down before sitting next to Niall on his bed.

"So... What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I want to talk about us"

"What about us?"

"About how we ended things" he said.

"You mean how you cheated on me with Alicia?"

"Yeah..."

"What about it? I don't want details if that's what you mean"

"No" he chuckled "I just wanted you to know that I'm really sorry about that. About everything really"

"That's what you wanted to say? Niall, you could have told me that in the classroom instead of dragging me all the way back here" I said, starting to get up.

"No, that's not all" he said, lightly tugging on my arm so I'd sit back down. "Alicia and I didn't end up having sex. After you left I asked her to leave so I could be alone. I should have asked her to leave when she first showed up, but for some reason I didn't. It was a huge mistake that I will always regret making"

"You expect me to believe that you didn't have sex with her?"

"Yes, because it's the truth. I felt so guilty and I wanted to be alone, so I asked her to leave" he explained.

"So you felt guilty after we broke up, but not before when we were still together?"

"I felt guilty before"

"Not guilty enough to stop you! Besides, why wouldn't you have sex with her afterwards when you were single when you were about to while we were still dating?! That doesn't make any sense!"

"You don't believe me?" He asked.

"Of course not! Your story doesn't make any fucking sense!"

"It's not a story, it's the truth"

"How stupid do you think I am?"

"I don't think you're stupid" he quietly responded. He was quite calm and kind of looked a little upset.

"Apparently you do if you think I'm going to believe that bullshit story"

"I promise you I'm not lying. I've never lied to you before. Not even when I cheated"

"Gotta start somewhere"

"Why the hell would I do that? I want you back Skye. I don't want to fuck you over" he told me.

"Then why are you lying to me?"

"Skye" he said, holding my face still so I had to look him in the eyes. "I promise you I'm telling the truth. I've fucked up enough and I do want you back, but I don't want our relationship to be built on a lie because then we will be destined to fail. The last thing I want is to make things worse than I already have"

"It doesn't make any sense that you wouldn't have sex with her. She's really pretty and you and I never had sex"

"Is that why you think I'm lying? You think that since we never had sex I wanted to get back with Alicia because she will have sex with me?" He asked me and I nodded in response. "Relationships aren't about sex with me Skye. I totally understand us not having sex. I honestly didn't expect us have sex because I figured you were uncomfortable with the idea after everything that happened with Ryder"

"I guess I figured that was part of the problem because it would be for most guys" I told him.

"Don't worry, it may be an issue with some guys, but it isn't an issue with me. I love you for who you are, not because I want to have sex with you"
__________________________

(A/N)

I wish my fridge looked more like Niall's...

💋 -TVo