Different Sense: 11

He gave another smile and before any of them could stop him, he had reached up and pulled the hood down. His dark eyes widened before he took a step back from her.

“Greetings, Eruheran. I thought you'd died?” Lothiriel said sternly, yet not confidently. There was fear lingering in her tone.

“And here I thought you were gone forever, Lothiriel.” Eruheran said grimly. “Why are you here?” He spat out, while prowling back to her. He was looking like a wild animal closing in on its kill.

“The wizard.” Lothiriel commented.

“The wizard,” Eruheran looked up. “Gandalf, is it? The one who appeared shortly after your banishment?”

“The very same.”

Eruheran looked up again, his confidence and smug disposition slowly dwindled as he looked at Gandalf, a look of apprehension replaced his previous feelings. Eruheran bowed lowly, “I bid you good evening,” from his bowed position he looked up. His dark eyes found Thorin, frowning lightly he stood up. “Thorin Oakenshield I presume?” Thorin bowed his head in acknowledgement, Eruheran looked at the Dwarf King for several more moments before looking back at Lothiriel. “I will grant you your wish. They are watching, so I cannot allow you to disappear.” He paused and looked at her sadly. “Lothiriel, you know the consequences of this, right?”

“I do.” She shut her eyes and gave a slow sigh.

“I am sorry,” Eruheran reached down and unsheathed one of his swords. The Nymphs who were still partially lurking had now fully appeared with their weapons raised. Swords, bows, spears and axes were all poised in their direction.

Keeping his sword aimed on Lothiriel, Eruheran lead them through the trees and towards a clearing. The canopy opened and the silver moonlight flooded down, the silver glow covered everything and made the surroundings look more surreal than they actually were.

The branches of the surrounding trees grew and stretched like fingers reaching up to the sky. Someone had weaved these branches and made them into seats, small branch benches were darted around the clearing. In front of them a large tree sat, the bark was of a dark colour. From its depths clear water flowed from it. The liquid left a shimmering silver path, it was this path which the new Lord of the Boscage followed. He swiftly seated himself in a mass of branches which formed a seat.

This place of which they were standing in was a natural auditorium. None of the company could help but look around in slight amazement. None of them had seen or been in anything like this before.

“So,” the Lord spoke in a tone which sounded close to uncaring. His tone suited his appearance. A straight nose and dull looking amber eyes looked up at them. He was perhaps the most uninspiring being they were ever likely to meet. “It is so good to see you again, Lothiriel. I hardly expected you to return. I must say, I am disappointed.” Her uncle paused. “Do you like what I have done to our home? Do you think it'll do?”

Lothiriel shook her head with dismay. “You have killed it.” Her voice cracked. “What have you done? What made you snap and turn us into such hateful suspicious creatures?” Lothiriel lifted a hand up and gestured to her surroundings. “This place was meant for a haven, a home. If it's of any consolation, I am not here because I want to be.” Lothiriel took a step back and accidentally stepped on Bilbo's foot, he stifled a pained sound as best he could. Lothiriel reached down and gripped onto his hand, Gandalf lifted his head.

Straightening his shoulders, he looked at the man who was still looking up at them unamused. “I am Gandalf the Grey, one of the many guardians of Middle-Earth. I have come here because I need your knowledgeable help.”

The Lord gave a low laugh and clapped his hands together. “Speak then, Gandalf the Grey. Let me know what it is you seek.”

“There is a shadow which grows in the East. A necromancer has been rumoured to have been seen. I wish to ask if you may know of what may be beginning to stir there.”

“Well,” the Lord shifted in his seat. “I do know of your reckless quest, and that it has set into motion the arising of dark forces. But anything other than that, I do not know.”

“Then we wish to speak to Durion, for he will surely know something.”

The Lord's face shifted in expressions. His face twisted into an expression as if he were in great pain, his smug smile had quickly disappeared. “He no longer dwells with the living. He came to his demise-”

“You liar!” Lothiriel shouted with such heartbreak that the majority of the gathered had glanced at her. It was taking all she had to stay silent, but this was the last comment which she could deal with.

“That is a shame,” Gandalf said while Lothiriel took a step forward, she got swiftly pulled back by Thorin. “None the less, we thank you for your help and we shall be on our way.” Gandalf turned and urged them all to leave with haste. Thorin kept a tight grip on Lothiriel's wrist as he turned away, Lothiriel however was unmoving.

“Eruheran, if you don't mind.” The Lord said bluntly, it seemed like he had other ideas about letting them go peacefully. The nymph in question had moved forward and easily plucked Bilbo away from the group. He was yanked backwards roughly, and much like the night with the trolls, he was quickly strung up. The group, upon realizing what was happening, exclaimed and made to grasp onto him to pull him back.

“What is the meaning of this?” Gandalf shoved his way through the dwarf group.

“Lothiriel knows, I’m sure you do too, wizard.” The Lord narrowed his eyes. “For someone so wise, coming here was truly not one of your wisest ideas.” The middle aged male gave a dark grin.