Different Sense: 48

Being just a pair of eyes on the surface of the steaming water, Lothiriel had never felt as content as she did now. Sure, the water was irritating her injured side, but the boiling water would surely cleanse the wounds.

Everyone was back in Lake Town recovering and getting seen to. They were expecting a conflict against the Town Master but it seemed that he had disappeared. Bard had briefly explained that he had gone missing soon after Bard had turned up at his door with most of the men. They were declaring that it was the right thing to do to go and partake in this battle, even if the Town Master disagreed. He was in such a rage at the disobedience of his townspeople that he had swiftly abandoned them.

Lothiriel rolled her eyes, it was probably for the best. She knew for sure that he would not be missed at the feast which was happening tonight. “Any excuse for food in vast quantities,” Lothiriel mumbled before submerging in the water.

Sitting back up and pushing her hair out of her face. Slowly she climbed out and wrapped herself in a towel tightly.

Finding a clean set of clothes she promptly pulled them on. She had another task to do before this feast. It was an important task at that. Looking down she frowned, she was wearing a long royal blue dress. She wasn’t initially frowning at the fact that her change of clothes was a dress, more the colour. Royal blue was her father’s colours, hence why her tattoos were in the same colour.

The dress itself was quite nice, and this was coming from someone who’d spent months in shirts and trousers. There were no sleeves of such, the straps which were attached to the main dress had soft almost see-through material attached to them. This same material covered the seemingly delicate material which made the dress itself.

The dress and the odd sleeves, showed only a small part of her tattoos, not that it bothered her of such. Looking down she groaned, she couldn’t see her feet! The trail of this dress was ridiculous.

Regardless she walked out of her temporary room and rushed down the corridor. She passed a very confused looking Bofur who double took before stumbling into his room.

Skidding outside she continued to run to the small patch of woodland where her kind were standing. They had their injuries seen to and were awaiting her.

Obviously their presence being there confused everyone. Most people by now where making their way to the hall for this feast.

Yet again Lothiriel muttered; “Any excuse for food.” Stopping she dropped the dress skirt, wriggling her bare feet on the grass she looked up.

“My friends.” Lothiriel entwined her hands, slowly she bowed. It was awkward to bow with the amount of bandages which were wrapped around her waist. “I thank you all for coming and aiding us.” She stood back up and raised an eyebrow at the kneeling people in front of her. “No! Stand! Do not kneel, never again. If anyone should be kneeling, it should be me. For although I could have it within me to dislike you, I cannot for you were following the orders of a madman.” Lothiriel paused and fidgeted uncomfortably. “I realise that…I realise that…” Lothiriel couldn’t find the words.

“You realise that through everything that has happened, you don’t know whether we will stay.” Xahazus said. He was the nymph who had spoken to Lothiriel before the battle commenced. Her eyes looked up at him. “We need someone at our head. We listened to the lies of your uncle, we were unaware of the foul deed he had committed, he paid for it my Lady, and we made sure of it.” Xahazus said.

Lothiriel straightened up. “I remember tales of Veleroh. My father told me of its wide meadows, endless emerald…he said that these looked like the sea.” She said fondly while twiddling her fingers. “He spoke of the trees, all sorts all varying in size and shape.” Her eyes skimmed over everyone. “Since its destruction we have had nowhere really to call home. Scattered and strained, that is what our kind had become, I know I witnessed our self-destruction first hand! If you stay with me, we will have another home. It will sound selfish of me, and I understand completely if you leave because of my selfishness; but I will not leave. I believe we can create a new Veleroh, even if it’s a little different.” Lothiriel looked over her shoulder at Erebor and smiled lightly. “Fine! It’ll be very different! But listen, we are not a strong species, we require help and we give help in return. We can coexist with man, and with the dwarves, I know this because we’ve already achieved this.” Lothiriel smiled lightly. “I may not have started as your leader on good terms, even with Xahazus retelling me my father had encountered the same problem, and I may need help with certain things. For I was meant to lead after my brother and my sister…but; here I am, if you accept me I will try and do what is best for us. If not, then I am forever in your debt for helping my friends.” She bowed again, opening her eyes she peered through the curtain of her hair confused. They were clapping.

“You are our family, my Lady. We will not leave you.”

“And plus,” Eruheran limped forwards. “It is your place to lead us, just like your father before you.”

Faelon gave a nod, he lifted up a bag and rummaged with in. “And this is technically yours, it was your mothers.” He held in his hand a simple silvery coloured band. He stepped forwards and placed it on Lothiriel’s head. It rested against her forehead, it wasn’t heavy and she hardly noticed it. “You are unsure of yourself, we can see. But you already lead us so bravely into battle. If you believe that we can live here in peace, then we are all with you.” Lothiriel smiled and threw her arms around Faelon, she whispered quiet words of gratitude to him. She hadn’t realised she was crying until Faelon soothingly patted her on the back. It was clear that suddenly being amongst her own kind again, and being accepted as their leader, was a great amount for her to cope with.