Different Sense: 20

Lothiriel found it difficult at times to find respect and admire people for their words or actions. But right at this moment, when all Thorin did was stare up at the Goblin King with a hardened determined look, she admired him.

In a time and a place where in reality, he was nobody in particular. He still held onto his true dwarfish pride and arrogance. Regardless if the Goblin King thought he was nobody, Thorin knew exactly who he was, and really that was all that mattered at this time.

The two got into a serious stare down, Lothiriel winced as she felt a lurch. Looking up she repeatedly shook her head. The rope of the bridge that she was on was slowly snapping. Grimacing as she slowly tried to make her way off of the bridge she quickly glanced back down to see what was happening.

The Goblin King had stopped grinning by now and he had thrown his hands up casually. “They are so dull, bring their weapons to me and kill them.”

One goblin happened to have Thorin's blade in hand and pulled it slowly from its sheath, he didn't get much further before dropping it and letting out screams of agony and horror. The yelps drew everyone's attention to the sword which laid on the floor.

With great fear the Goblin King shouted; “The Goblin Cleaver! Behead him! Kill him!” He stumbled awkwardly considering his size, while waving his arms in front of his face as if that would be a good idea for a defensive manoeuvre. 

It was an odd coincidence that the rope on the bridge happened to snap at that time. Lothiriel clung on as tightly as she could as the bridge picked up momentum. It took a while for anyone to notice, the goblin who was close to beheading Thorin paused to look up.

The bridge shuddered to a sudden halt which catapulted Lothiriel from her perch. She went flying off of the bridge, collided into the goblin near Thorin, and then suddenly crash landed to the ground with a painful thud.

Lothiriel rolled several times before coming to a halt. She let out a pained noise when a finger flicked her over onto her back and pressed down on her stomach. “And what are you?” The Goblin King asked interestedly while leaning down. Lothiriel was pinned with nowhere to go, she tried pushing his finger from her but failed to do so.

Not giving an answer she lifted her arm up and cut her blade across his finger. He immediately withdrew from her with a pained noise while clutching at his finger. Lothiriel couldn't revel in her moment because she quickly dodged out of the way of the Goblin King's clumsy actions. He was still flailing around and more than once he almost squashed her.

Seeing as how she was still close, the Goblin King instead took to trying to pick her up. Lothiriel scooted backwards just as a blinding light enveloped the area. It was so bright that every space in the cave was flooded with a white glow.

The light briefly dimmed enough to see a figure, “Take up arms and fight!” Gandalf exclaimed.

Everyone exchanged a look before doing what they'd been instructed. The only problem was that all chaos broke out. The first thing Lothiriel took to doing was getting as far away from the Goblin King as possible.

From her crash landing she found it extremely awkward to put pressure on one of her feet. Being pulled to run caused her to let out a yell of pain. Regardless of the pain, which was extremely hard to ignore, she along with everyone else followed Gandalf.

There were goblins well and truly everywhere by now. Behind, in front, beside them, below them. There was seemingly no escape from them. A group had cut into the middle and everyone had gotten separated. One group took to the route below, the other stayed running along their original path.

Thorin looked down through the gaps of the bridge, he quickly realised what had happened. Gandalf still ran ahead, leading the way, Thorin wasn't sure if Gandalf knew of the split or not. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes, the company never seemed to be able to stay as a solid unit.

Thorin fought through the hordes of goblins which still continued to flood out from where ever. Gandalf clipped the roof of the cave when it dipped down in height. This caused a large boulder to fall in front of them, this just conveniently spurred them on by pushing it as it rolled its way over everything and anything which came across its path.

The boulder failed to turn however, so when it came to a sudden sharp corner it instead rolled off and everyone took the turn. Another unstable looking bridge soon greeted them, and they all rather unwillingly took to running across it. Because of its unstable appearance, it couldn't take all of their weight. It became loose and began to swing. Jumping to the other ledge a few at a time they all made it across, Lothiriel's jump was a little short from just fending off an attack. Flailing her arms she got suddenly tugged forwards by Thorin who kept a tight grip on her wrist and pulled her into a run again. Both groups met up, but both groups also came to a stop when another bridge appeared.

It wasn't the bridge which caused everyone to stop. It was the form of the Goblin King as he shouted up from below them and blocked their way.

By now Lothiriel had taken a step forward to look, Thorin still had a grip on her wrist yet this grip was broken when Lothiriel was suddenly snatched away by the Goblin King. Screaming as she was yanked up and away, she shut her eyes as a tight vice like grip encircled her ribs.