Seven : Crossing Borders

This is the moment where I can see my life flash before my eyes once again.

I thought that since I have been through this already I would at least be able to calm myself down, but that wasn't the case. I was working myself into a frenzy and I felt like I was suffocating.

Even my palms were starting to sweat from terror and the anxiety of being caught.

I wasn't numb to these emotions like I had hoped. Instead, I felt as if the further I pushed myself, the more panicked I became.

The sun still glowed behind my back but I knew that I wasn't covering ground fast enough.

My legs feel like lead had been attached to them and I noticed that my body was failing me in the moments that I needed it most.

And I could do absolutely nothing about it.

Why couldn't I trade my anti-aging abilities for super speed or something more useful in the long run?

As I stumbled out of the ravine, my eyes flashed to the front of me and I could see a big building standing in the front with small houses surrounding it.

I'm saved!

A smile spread, too quickly, onto my face as I limped to it only to stop in my tracks when the oxygen finally reached my deprived brain.

No human would build a gigantic house in the middle of nowhere, especially inside of a forest where dangerous animals lurked, unless they were predators themselves.

A pack house.

I stumbled onto a werewolves' pack house.

Before I could take another step forward, a vicious growl from behind me made me stumble two steps ahead.

At the scary sound, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.

Eventually, my legs gave out on me, sending me plummeting onto the floor beneath with limbs akimbo. I tumbled forward and rolled down from the uneven ground before coming to a complete halt on the grass, gasping for breath as I stopped.

Truthfully, I wished that I had continued rolling, barreling as far away as I can but that was impossible.

And I quickly came to realize that I am only human.

My limbs had soon turned to jelly and I could barely even roll myself onto my stomach to attempt to stand up straight because my vision had long gone blurry with tears of desperation.

I was too dizzy to even stand properly but I continued to try to push myself upwards only to stumble back onto my ass like a newborn fawn.

Another loud rumbling growl, that echoed throughout the entire forest, had actually spurred me back onto my feet faster that ever before.

I stumbled forward, my thoughts hazy as I relied on my instincts to guide me only to stumble back when I ran straight into a line of overly built werewolves.

And, once again, I found myself on my ass while both exits were completely blocked off.

So this was what they meant when they say dead end.

"P-Please let me through," I whisper with my slightly strained and hoarse voice from yesterday's near death experience.

The three werewolves continued to stare me down before the chilling howl, that sounded vaguely familiar, cut through the air.

At the howl, the guard werewolves became further enraged.

I choked down a terrified scream before attempting to stand again, my head whipping behind me to spot the enraged Alpha barreling through the grove and coming to a stand still behind me.