Thirty Eight : Where Loyalties Lie

After some careful thinking, I decided not to meddle in Ani and Zanthos' situation.

Zanthos is a real butt-head but I don't want to be the reason he loses his mate again, that would be far too cruel of me. 

But he is going to have to do the work himself until Ani decides on either him or her fiancé, Wyatt. 

It's blatantly obvious that Ani is choosing Wyatt, yet I have a nagging feeling that things might not be what they seem. 

My instincts have proven to be pretty accurate, so I am going to stick with it for now. 

And, if I did meddle, Ani may or may not blame me in the future when she realizes that she made a bad decision (this has happened multiple times before).

She's a grown woman. 

She can make her own decisions.

I've already told her about what an asshole Zanthos is, and I've shown her all of the escape routes when she was transferred to a regular room in the pack house. 

I haven't quite found a way to help her without Zanthos finding out and killing me, so she's stuck here until we can think things through.

I have enough on my own hands with Eros, if you know what I mean. 

But if I were to choose, I think Wyatt would be the better of the two. 

He is a lot more mature and understanding compared to Zanthos who is rather immature for being Eros' older brother.

"Younger brother," Eros corrected as his tapered fingers weaved through the long strands of my damp hair and untangled the knots.

Seriously?

"Zanthos' is your younger brother? Really?" I was mildly surprised by his words. But then again, with Zanthos immature behavior, I wouldn't question it.

Eros hummed a response, pulling long strands of my hair back and over my shoulders so that it would be easier access for him as he continued to help me dry my hair.

I never did realize how relaxing it is to have someone play with your hair.

The only problem is that I have become more and more lazy now with Eros spoiling me so much. He did everything while I mostly just laid on my back and waited to be fed.

I feel kind of useless and wonder if I will ever find a purpose for myself here.

"Then how is he Alpha before you?" I was terribly curious by now, tipping my head to the side as I started to think of all the possibilities.

"He was born Alpha with dominant traits known to most leading wolves while I was born with more...recessive traits in the pack. I was more..submissive to him," he explained as I pondered on this new bit of information.

Eros?

Submissive to Zanthos?

No freaking way!

This is totally news to me.

Eros did not give off the vibe of being submissive in any sense, at least not in my eyes.

Because if that was the case, I should have been the one on top.

"We could try a new position tonight if you want, Emira," he suddenly said, sending me this rather lascivious glance and making me realize that I was thinking way off topic again.

My lips pursed slightly and I could feel my cheeks burn at the innuendo.

I don't think I would last very long in that position, not that I do very well in any other position due to Eros never-ending werewolf stamina.