Thirty Seven : Zanthos Is What?!

So the first thing that I noted when we entered the pack house was the amount of eyes that were pointedly staring at us, following our every move as we walked through.

Although the adamant staring didn't last very long, I could tell that they were all trying to sneak looks at us as we walked through halls, analyzing me with curiosity and something else I couldn't name.

It was almost like they were searching for something only to note that they couldn't find it because I could see the excitement die out as quickly as it had begun on their faces.

Odd.

My scent is probably all smothered by Eros' scent because of our activities the nights previous.

For all I know, they probably all saw me as a walking ball of semen!

That sounds kind of gross but it might be true in their eyes.

"I'll be back in a little bit, Emira," Eros murmurs, breath fluttering past my warm cheeks when he leans down and chastely presses his lips against my temple, sending tingles across the surface of my face.

And his warmth lingered against the surface of my skin until I was thoroughly distracted by his entire presence.

Although we have officially mated now, the sparks have not dimmed or faded like I had thought.

In fact, it has become almost two times stronger to the point that I find it hard to keep myself from magically attaching myself to him, like a bee to honey.

It is beyond difficult to stop myself from touching him in one way or another.

Through my lashes, I could see Eros smirk down at my dazed expression when he walked off with his Beta towards what I assumed would be his office.

Since Eros has been away from the pack for a while, I am sure that there's a lot of things he has to do because he is Alpha and all.

I bet he probably has a gigantic stack of paperwork on his desk waiting for him to fill out and complete.

I should feel bad for him but I don't right now.

How can I when my back feels like it might snap in half and my legs feel like jello with every single step I take?

Nope.

Not feeling any bit sorry for the work he will have to do. But I do hope that it will wear him out enough so that he won't have the energy to continue tonight because the last previous two nights have worn me out.

I know it's petty of me but I can't help it.

Of all the things to have restorative healing in it just had to be my womb.

"Emi!" A familiar voice chirped from behind me and nearly startled the insides out of me when I noted that it was the bubbly and energetic Rora.

"Rora! Don't sneak up on me like that!" I yelped, hand pressed to my heart to calm the rapidly beating organ from the sudden jolt.

"I didn't sneak up on you. I've been standing here for over 5 minutes already," she said with a wide smile, waving me to walk with her.

"I didn't notice." I absently scratched my neck. Nowadays, it's extremely hard for me to remove my gaze away from Eros to even notice where I was.

The whole entire world seems to dull until I'm completely captivated by him to the point that he could lead me to hell and I probably wouldn't even care.

That's bad, isn't it?

"Alpha Eros seems to keep you distracted. It happens to a lot of newly mated pairs," Rora explained, pretty eyes openly staring at the mark on my neck with a look on approval on her face.