Forty Eight : Confessions

My head hurt badly, among the other things that were causing me tremendous pain.

I tried to open my eyes, but my eyelids felt like they had been glued together.

My arms and legs didn't want to respond, and just breathing was enough to remind me of the past transgressions.

When I swallowed, my dry throat burned along with my left cheek.

That one action was enough to cause tears to roll down the sides of my face in rapid succession.

Then, my cheek burned even worse because the salt from my tears touched the open wound.

I gritted my jaw and tensed my entire body from the mind-wrenching sensations that tortured all of my senses.

For a minute, I thought I was dead until I realized that if I was dead, I wouldn't feel pain. At least, that was what I thought.

After a while of lying in complete silence and contemplating if I was dead or not, I took deep gulps of air in through my partially open mouth.

Suddenly, I noticed something rather big come to my side and stop at my feet.

Whatever it was sat down and caused strands of my hair to flutter around my face as it breathed down onto my face like a blow-dryer full of hot air.

My heart leaped up to my throat and I tensed my entire body in fear.

Cold sweat dripped down the sides of my temple in long rivulets and collected on my nose.

I wearily opened my eyes and glanced at the rather dark surroundings in mild confusion.

When my vision focused, I spotted the giant beast lying rather docile at my feet.

I couldn't see anything around me except for the pair of familiar red eyes that were staring pointedly right back at me.

Immediately, the memories from before I fell unconscious bombarded my mind.

After recollecting all of my jumbled thoughts, I sighed in defeat.

I concluded that after Zanthos and the other pack members failed to detain Eros, he probably brought me this place.

I made a move to get up but a heavy paw suddenly settled onto my uninjured chest and pushed me back down.

I nearly jumped at the contact when sparks scattered all over my body.

Then, I realized that I was completely naked.

My eyebrows furrowed together into a straight line.

"E-Eros?" I called through an extremely dry throat.

There was no reply, just rough and raspy breathing that continued to fan my face.

I pursed my lips and opened my mouth to speak again when I felt something warm and welt lick a way across my stomach.

I froze entirely from the pain and gave a startled whine of irritation.

Before I could reach out a hand to stop Eros from licking my wounds, a low warning growl came from his throat, and I was stopped in my tracks.

Albeit I didn't know what he was doing, I knew that he wasn't going to hurt me.

If he wanted to kill me, he would have done it earlier when he stopped Lia's car.

I sighed pensively and decided to play dead.

Eros licked my abdomen thoroughly.

Then, he moved onto my face. Before long, my entire face was full of werewolf saliva along with my matted hair.