Thirty : Trash & Treasure

There was a map on one of the walls that I walked past. It pin pointed the current location and I was almost tempted to tear my hair out when I noticed that this Kyrgyzstan was close to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and China. And thousands of miles away from the United States of America.

Great.

I am really stranded. 

Stranded!

And I can't even say the name of the country for God's sake!  

No one here at the airport speaks English or speaks terribly mediocre English. The problem was obviously them and me. I am terrible at decoding accents. And everyone here speaks with a thick accent of some sorts, making English sound like a foreign language to me. 

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

It's kind of like when Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker first started filming together.

I don't understand a single word that's coming out of these people's mouths.

Literally.

I've thought about contacting the authorities or police but the thought of bringing attention to myself is off putting. Especially because I was afraid that the government would come for me if that was the case. And who knows what could happen if I was collected by the government facility of science and research again.

I tried to look for American passengers but everyone that I met always shook their head at me because they didn't know English or was rushing to catch their next flight. 

Previously when I still smelled and looked kind of disgusting, everyone opted to migrate to the other gates to avoid being in close contact with me. At least they didn't avoid me like they did before.

That just means that I have a better chance at finding someone to borrow a phone or get some help from. Most of them paid no attention to me and instead opted to go around, or avoid me in general, in their rush to look for their gates or flights.

I'm sure that I don't look half as bad as I did in the beginning. Although, my wrinkled clothing and crazy looking hair probably scared them at the first glance.

I don't know.

But there's got to be one kind-hearted person out there, right? Right.

Gradually, my time ran down before I realized it. The clock showed that it was past midnight and the people in the airport had dwindled down to almost no one. It became rather ghostly in my area, meaning that there were no flights coming in from the United States. At least not for another day or so.

Other than my current predicament in looking for someone who spoke English, there was another problem at hand.

I am starving.

Hangry like those snicker's commercials about not being yourself when you are hungry.

From all the traveling, I gathered that I must have been left unfed for 3+ days.

This explains the reason why I feel so lightheaded and short of breath. 

The little food shops around had already closed when I was done cleaning myself in the bathroom. My stomach was growling like a wild animal so, in desperate measures, I ended up going through the trash for left overs.

I have never been more humiliated and embarrassed in my life. My pride made me suck up the tears before they could fall. And I held my head high, trying to look for a way out of this.