Forty Five : Knockout

WARNING : This chapter contains dark descriptions of torture and violence. Read underneath your covers, next to someone, or in the safety of a handsome man's arms. You have been warned.

This room had the typical setup used for most higher up labs.

There was a computer monitor within hands reach to the right of my body. A monitoring device was set to the bottom of my feet, and next to it was 2 metal trays filled with different types of surgical instruments.

Further back against the wall was a set of cabinets with a sink attached.

Out of everything I saw, the only thing capable of hurting her quickly and effectively would be the scalpels. But the scalpels were on the metal trays and Candy happened to be standing right next to it.

This meant that I couldn't grab them without having to deal with her first, which is rather improbable at the moment.

The odds are against me because I don't have much leeway to work with. Although I was ready to beat the living crap out of her, my body was not up to it.

With my current condition, I couldn't fight her head on or drag out the fight because I might faint halfway through.

And so, my only advantage was the element of surprise.

If I can catch her off guard and knock her unconscious before Scar comes back, then I will have enough time to prepare for round 2.

The only thing I can rely on right now is being faster than her.

And I can only pray that this works.

With a deep inhalation of breath, I bit down hard on what was left of my tongue and glanced at her through the slits of my eyes.

Candy finished cutting on my stomach after another minute or 2 before finally turning her back to me.

She reached for something on the metal stand, body semi-relaxed now that Scar wasn't in the room while mumbling about how lazy he was.

This was the opening I was waiting for.

Quickly, I pulled myself up and twisted my abused body around to swing my cold legs off of the metal table.

Pain flashed vividly through every nerve fiber, choking me up until the sickening urge to puke my guts out made me freeze for a whole second. Instead of focusing on it, I clenched my jaw and swallowed down the acid forcing its way up and grabbed the computer monitor with both my hands.

Candy heard the clatter and made a move to turn her head, but she wasn't quick enough.

Her delayed reaction was a millisecond too late.

I jerked the monitor up forcefully, dragged the cords behind me when I slammed it heavily into the side of her face.

She gave a short pained shout, raspy and high pitched, and fell forward into the metal stand. The entire room was filled with the sounds of the instruments falling off of the metal tray, clattering loudly as it hit the tiled floor.

Candy reached her gloved hand out for a pair of surgical scissors right by her head but I kicked it out of the way with my foot, barely missing the sharp point when my toes grazed the edge.

Then, I stepped on her hand that was still reaching for the other instruments haphazardly strewn across the cold tiled floor.

"You fucking bitch! You're not going to get out of here alive," she seethed when I slammed the monitor against her face again and received an ugly choked scream in response.