Eight : Meeting The Council

My eyes accidentally caught the Alpha's.

I could feel my heart possibly skip a beat or two from sheer terror or something else that I couldn't name.

His black charcoal colored hair covered his temple from view while an arrogant jaw gritted in response. And his full lips formed a displeased frown at seeing my blatant starting.

Shortly after, I noticed his tall aristocratic nose seemed to wrinkle in disgust, probably because of how bad I smell.

And the electric glowing blue of his eyes were rather hypnotic to stare at but I immediately averted my gaze from this need to submit to the more stronger of our kind.

I was actually scared he would kill me for staring him straight in the eye.

The sheer power and dominance of his aura had me almost keeling over when he finally took a seat behind the desk, much to my relief. And the hard muscles that bunched under that masculine physique could have rivaled even Adonis himself.

From where I was stationed, I could see the sweat that gathered behind Jared's neck when he turned and faced off with the other Alpha.

Alpha Jared's jaw squared and teeth gritted like he had a serious case of constipation.

I could even hear the sound of his teeth grinding together.

"I did not mean to breach our contract, Alpha Eros. I have simply come to collect something of mine," Jared explained nonchalantly. His body was as tense as a wounded spring ready to snap and seemed to betray all that fake bravado he tried to exert.

My toenails dug into the sole of my almost non-existent shoe. I tried to remain in my sitting position and waited for Alpha Eros to reply.

"Yours?" Alpha Eros repeated.

I had to contain a shiver at hearing that strangely dangerous lilt in his voice that sounded too dark and menacing to be real.

"Yes, mine," Jared replied adamantly, unaware of the danger that he was walking straight into. I would have definitely backed off instead of heading face first into it.

And from my observations, Jared had nothing on Alpha Eros.

"I will gladly remove my pack from your lands once I retrieve m---"

"No." Alpha Eros blatant reply caused Jared to step back slightly in confusion.

"I don't understand, Alpha Eros. What do you mean?" Jared's fingers clenched into a restrained fist, his jaw squaring and teeth grinding like nails on a chalkboard.

"There is nothing on my lands that belong to you, Alpha Jared." Eros seemed almost too calm for this type of confrontation with another bordering Alpha.

I had to almost double take, my eyes probably were the size of saucers now.

I think I just found my silver lining!

"This woman here---"

"Belongs to me. She is mine," Eros stated calmly.

My fingers went slack in my lap, mouth falling open in disbelief at his serious statement.

Almost immediately, Jared snarled and growled rather gruesomely. His features started melding together in a rather disturbing otherworldly way. A snout almost formed on his face before reverting back into somewhat human features and no one was as disturbed by it like me.

"I found the Breeder first," Jared gritted out, canines glistening as he tried to control himself but I could tell he was very close to shifting into his more primal side.