Ten : Insulted

What the council stated was my induction into their little pack, regardless of my opinion.

I have no idea how I am even going to get out of this situation. Perhaps the government might send out those hunters to look for us, however impossible that might sound.

Our group of researchers were hardly known for our work. We were just a small group that could easily be replaced and I doubted that the government would want to risk the lives of their precious hunters for us.

Why would they waste resources when they could just hire other scientists?

 I sighed dejectedly before looking at the bathroom in the corner of the room that I was currently in. After the whole 'court hearing', the guards had deposited me into a different room.

This current room did not have any windows either and the only redeeming point was the bathroom.

Although the shower was literally calling my name, I didn't want to blow my cover by making myself seem more appealing.

I had no makeup to cover up afterwards if I happened to wash off all of the makeup still practically glued to my face.

If I wanted my virtue to stay in tact then I need to remain as disgusting and barf worthy as possible.

The stench of my body odor and puke is going to be a great deterrent if that Alpha wanted to get anywhere close to me. And I know for a fact that Alpha Eros is most likely repulsed by me and my stench to even think to lay a finger on me.

Therefore, getting 'marked, mated, and pupped' is not going to happen to me.

Not if I can help it.

With a deep relieved sigh, I plopped myself onto the bed and laid back as my eyes started to close on its on accord. All of the high stress and anxiety was putting a strain on me.

I will get some rest first and then decide on what to do later.

At least that was my plan until I heard the guards outside the door guffawing loudly. I surmised that they were purposely standing by the door since I could hear every single word they said.

"I thought that Breeders were immortal! She's just so...old."

"I wonder how our Alpha is going to even be able to mate with her; nevertheless, pup the woman."

"Let's gift him with a brown bag for the mating night!"

Then they laughed some more at the 'hilariousness' of the situation.

I had to keep reminding myself that they were werewolves and that attacking them would only make it worse. They would kill me faster than I could get my hands around their throat and I don't want to put myself in that kind of position again.

It sucks to be human sometimes.

Eventually they quieted down, chortling here and there until someone else passed by. They had greeted this person before I could hear the key being placed into the lock.

The doorknob slowly turned.

My heart was literally beating out of my chest when the door swung open and a fairly elderly woman came stalking in.

I immediately let out a breath after knowing that it wasn't Alpha Eros.

Her nose immediately wrinkled when her gaze fell on me, eyes widening in slight shock before she retained her composure.

"You reek!" That was the first thing that left her mouth.

Her tone almost seemed like she was reprimanding me and I found myself not offended because what she said was true.