Goodbye

Iris’s P.O.V:

“Crilly can you tell her?” Laurence says sadly as he walks past us towards the exit “sure man” he sighs. I look down at my feet “whats wrong?” I murmur “it’s good news actually” crilly says trying to smile “well I hope it is” he sighs “what?” I say quietly “you’re staying with us for a few days!” he says enthusiastically. I look up from my feet smiling “really?!” “yeah!” he says back grinning now “b-but what about Kier?” I sigh “he’ll be fine strong as an ox that one!” Crilly smiles “that’s true” Kier smiles from behind us “shit man you scared me” Crilly gasps “twice today” I say sadly “c’mere Iris it’ll be fine” Kier smiles hugging me tightly “We’ll see you in a few days okay” he grins “chin up I’m fine look!” he exclaims “o-okay” I whisper “sorry Laurence is a bit – well yeah” he sighs “we should go though” he smiles hugging me tightly once more “guys say bye!” Kier exclaims as he walks in the direction Laurence went in.

Luke smiles and mutters bye as he walks past “he’s not much of one for goodbyes” India smiles hugging me “I’ll miss you” I cry “it’s only a few days kiddo” she grins ruffling my hair before bouncing off. “bye” Drew smiles patting me on the shoulder and shooting Barrone a look I can’t decipher before leaving. Barrones crying his eyes out as he hugs me “kier will be fine” I smile as I hug him “I’m not crying over Kier” he sniffles and he hugs me really tightly, in fact so tight I’m struggling to breathe “Dude she’s running out of air!” Crilly jokes and Barrone loosens his grip a little “I’ll really miss you” he sighs “me too” I say crying again “Barrone c’mon!” Kier shouts from the end of the corridor “he’s definitely back to his shouty self” I laugh “yeah” Barrone mumbles “listen a few days okay! now good look with dealing with them without me” I laugh quietly “you sure you don’t want to come?” Barrone asks softly “I’m sure” I say gently “now go” I laugh tears in my eyes once more “bye Iris” he sniffles as he walks away head down. “he really cares for you” Crilly says quietly “he does” I say sadly as I watch the last of the men who saved my life disappear around the corner. I might never see them again I think sadly. “come on lets go” Falkor smiles. Crilly grips my hand tightly reassuring me he’s here as Jim, Falkor and Nico lead us out of the venue.

Laurences P.O.V:

I’m playing with my sleeves, still in my stage outfit when Luke appears “hey Bevers” he smiles “hi” I say quietly. Kier walks out headphones in blaring loudly. India and Drew are muttering amongst themselves, Barrone walks out last head down “shane?” I ask he looks up surprised by the use of his first name. I notice his eyes are red and puffy, he really cares about her I think to myself as Luke unlocks the van. We all file in silently. “lets get this show on the road” Luke says without his usual enthusiasm. A few of us mutter in reply but mostly we say nothing.

Kiers P.O.V:

I glance sideward’s at Laurence, he looks hurt. I feel really guilty but if he knew why I was coughing up blood it would hurt him worse. What are the chances I make myself throw up once and I start coughing up blood everywhere? I realise no ones talking and remove one headphone deftly without anyone noticing. The tensions so thick you could cut it with a knife. The van is completely silent Luke hasn’t even put a CD on. I can’t help but feel some of this is my fault. I notice Barrone crying silent tears and looking at the curtain that divides the back of the van from the front, he misses Iris. I decide I need to tell Laurence why what happened did. “Laurence” I murmur quietly, he doesn’t hear me the first time so I repeat myself “Laurence”. My voice sounds too loud in the quiet van and everyone looks at me even Luke takes his eyes off the road for a second. I take a deep breath “we need to talk” I mumble “Kier I don’t want too not right now” he sighs carefully climbing over the seats and disappearing into the sleeping area. “I really screwed up” I mutter to myself “you did” Drew agrees. I would argue but what’s the point he’s right.

Laurences P.O.V:

I lie on the bunk staring at the roof of the van. He thinks I don’t know why he coughed up blood. Does he really think I’m that stupid? Does he honestly think we didn’t notice the red knuckles? That we didn’t notice him disappear after catering tonight? I let the tears fall down my cheeks. I’m as bad as him letting him torture himself I think as I drift into a restless sleep.

Barrones P.O.V:

I speak up for the first time since I spoke to Iris “he knows” I say quietly aware of Laurence snoring softly on the other side of the curtain “knows what?” Kier frowns “we all know” I sigh “and you know what I’m talking about” I continue. Kier says nothing for a moment “I – I” Kier stumbles “it’s okay we’re here” I say quietly “he’s just upset you didn’t talk to him” I sigh “he is” Drew mumbles. “he wants to talk but you need to tell him” Luke whispers aware of India resting on his shoulder sleeping. “but he knows?” I say confused “he does but he needs to know you trust him” Barrone sighs. I nod and unbuckle my seatbelt climbing over the seat and opening the heavy curtain walking through to the back of the van. I cautiously step around the guitar cases and the drum kit before arriving at the bunks. I check the bottom bunk even though Laurence and I sleep on the top bunk anyway.  I climb onto the top bunk and watch Laurence sleep for a moment and before I realise I’ve drifted to sleep without saying a word.

Barrones P.O.V:

“He’s fallen asleep hasn’t he?” I sigh “sounds like it” Drew sighs back “you know I’m sorry” I mumble “what?” Drew asks confused “that you felt left out of that I didn’t love you when Iris was around” I whisper “I didn’t feel like that I just felt like I don’t know” Drew replies his voice breaking “She had no one Drew. No one” I mutter. “I know” he replies softly “I know”.

Laurences P.O.V:

I open my eyes slowly and find myself staring at the same ceiling I was last night. “well at least thats normal” I mutter to myself. I gently remove Kiers arms which are hung loosely over my waist and climb down from the bunk quietly. I’m surprisingly quiet considering I’ve only just woken up but practice does that I suppose. I slowly wake up properly and realise the van isn’t moving, we must have pulled over for the night. I peek my head around the curtain and look out the windows. I’m greeted with the sight of an abandoned care park “It appears I was right” I mutter to myself deftly climbing over the seats and letting myself out of the van. Luke really needs to learn to lock up the van before going to bed. I sigh realising I left my keys in the van somewhere. The van wasn’t locked anyway so I doubt it really matters I think to myself as I climb over a small wall at the edge of the car park and sit on a grass verge.

*time lapse*

I can feel someone standing over me so I look up “hey” Kier says quietly. He looks uncomfortable standing arms crossed. I pat the ground next to me and he looks as if he’s contemplating for a moment before sitting cross legged next to me “so?” I ask hesitantly wary an argument could break out at any moment. Kier crosses his arms hugging himself before continuing “I need to talk to you Laur” he whispers his voice pleading “I’m all ears” I say softly “I- I’m sorry I worried you yesterday I didn’t mean to it’s just...” he trails off. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look this uncomfortable before and trust me I’ve seen him at his best and his worse “Kier don’t –” I wait for a moment trying to think of the right words to say “you don’t need to finish. I know why you were ill okay and you obviously don’t want to talk about it so-”  “Laurence It’s not that I don’t trust you” he says quietly “I know I was going to say don’t worry we don’t need to talk about it but promise me you’ll tell me next time you want to do that” I sigh. Kier looks at me guiltily his eyes dark “I’ll try Laurence I promise I’ll try” I smile trying not to show my disappointment “that’s enough” I whisper unwrapping his arms from around himself and wrapping my arms around his slender waist.

A/N: so this was quite a sad chapter? Can you tell I was missing someone when I wrote it? Hope you guys like it! This chapter is dedicated to whisperscreamer15 for threatening to kill me last chapter! Also since I was away with no internet I couldn't do my midweek upload and feel horrid, I did also write a fair bit and draw though as I had no means of procarastination.... I hope this triple upload makes it up to you guys,

Becki