You lower the IQ of the whole street

Laurences P.O.V:

I follow Kier and the nurse through the waiting room doors into the main hospital “you’re going to need an xray” she sighs looking at Kier who looks on the verge of tears. We stop by an curtained bed and the nurse pulls it back quickly “right I’m going to go and see if the machine is free wait here” she instructs walking away “right Laurence this is your chance” Kier says determined “what?” I ask confused “go find Drew” he asserts “but your hand Kier what if you’ve broken it?” I ask “then I won’t be playing guitar at the next few shows” he frowns “now go find Drew” he groans “you’re not going to let this go?” I ask “no – go find him” he says through gritted teeth “fine, I’ll be back” I sigh getting up and walking to the desk. “hey do you know where Drew woolnough is?” I ask, the woman taps at the keyboard “he’s only just come in they don’t normally have visitors” she frowns perplexed “oh no I came with him but I went to the canteen and got lost I think they moved him?” I lie. I wait a moment judging her reaction worried I’ve been caught out. “well okay sorry erm it appears he’s in the ward around the corner” she smiles looking at her computer “thank you” I smile running off to find Drew.

Barrones P.O.V:

“Do you need anything before I go?” the nurse asks quickly checking the machines once more “when will he be up?” I ask worried “a couple of hours I assume if not we’ll have to wake him for his bloods anyway” she smiles “you didn’t wake him the first time?” I ask confused “no but theres a chance he might wake up when we’re trying to take them later” she says before scurrying off. I turn hearing a hushed whisper “Drew? Shane?” I notice Laurence is a few beds down “we’re here!” I whisper shout back “oh there you are” he sighs in relief “how did you get in here I didn’t think visitors-” Laurence interrupts me “kier most likely broke his hand” he says frowning “h-how?” I ask confused “they said you weren’t allowed visitors so he punched a wall” Laurence sighs “fucking idiot” I reply “yeah” Laurence agrees pulling a chair up next to me “so any news?” he asks “not really they pumped his stomach and took some blood the results will be back in a few hours and they’ll take some more” I say quietly. Laurence just nods patting my shoulder “anything else? What did they think about how much he took?” Laurence asks his full attention on me “they’re worried about liver damage although he didn’t take that much for an ‘average’ sized male since he’s small and hadn’t eaten much...” I trail off tears forming in my eyes “I’m sorry” Laurence sighs hugging me tightly.

Lukes P.O.V:

“are you family?” the nurse asks. For a moment I consider lying but realize it’s a bad idea “no a friend” I smile “okay well since there’s nobody else here I can trust you to keep an eye on her for a while once I’m done?” the nurse asks “of course” I smile “I’m needed elsewhere I’ll get someone else to stitch you up, whats your name?” she asks the girl “Lauren” “okay Lauren?” the nurse smiles before rushing off. A few minutes later a male nurse turns up “I need a drink I’ll be right back okay?” I smile at Lauren who just nods meekly. I find a drinks machine a few corridors down and put in the change waiting for it to dispense my drink “Christ come on” I moan before realising I hadn’t even clicked the button “get it together Luke” I sigh pressing the button and taking the drink as soon as it’s dispensed. I make it back to Laurence and find her alone crying “hey, hey whats wrong?” I ask worried “it’s nothing” she sniffles “come on” I plead “it’s just he-he was so disgusted and said I was wasting his time and was horrible” she cries “who was?” I ask angry “the nurse” she cries “did you get his name I’ll make a complaint!” I exclaim “n-no it’s okay don’t make a fuss” she sniffles “are you sure? If it’s what you want?” I mumble “please” Lauren says trembling.