Soup-kitchen

Kiers P.O.V:

Since we got to the venue so early Luke and India offer to unload the gear themselves, none of us object and we run into the venue excitedly everyone else happy to get away without unloading for a change. “what do we do?” I ask stopping in the hallway suddenly “what?” Laurence asks confused “we have hours to spare what do we do?” everyone pauses in thought for a moment “you know I have no idea” Laurence shrugs before continuing to walk again. Drew suddenly runs into a room at the end of the corridor “catering?” “catering” Barrone nods laughing slightly before following Drew with less enthusiasm “I’m assuming you don’t want to go to catering?” Laurence asks “not really”

***

I’m hanging upside down off the stage when I hear someone join us causing me to jump and fall “KIER?!” Laurence shouts running over to the edge of the stage and peering over “hows the weather up there” I laugh holding my head “shit man was that my fault?!” Andy asks jumping down from the stage and helping me up “eh” I shrug dusting myself down “somebody really needs to clean the floor look at me!” I exclaim beating the dust from my jeans “you need help up?” Andy asks nodding at the stage “are you kidding I’ll break you” I laugh darkly. Suddenly I’m being picked up “hey! Dude! Hey! what are you doing?!” I protest in vain. Laurence helps me up from the stage “thanks mate” he smiles giving Andy the thumbs up as he pulls himself up onto the stage with ease “I was wondering how you were doing?” Andy asks seriously sitting on one of the amps “I’m good thanks” I smile “you don’t look it” Andy sighs “yo dude you seen Kier I can’t see him?!” Ashley exclaims jokingly joining us. I frown in response “Ash don’t be an ass! Sorry” Andy apologises “it’s fine” I laugh shakily “Anyway Andy –” Ashleys interrupted by Jake running on stage screaming “PPPIIIIZZZZAAAAA!” before running off again “that” Ashley laughs grabbing Andy and dragging him away “I’m not hungry” Andy protests “well I don’t give a shit” Ash laughs as they disappear. “you sure you don’t want to step back?” Laurence sighs “huh?” “don’t want you falling again” “fine” I say begrudgingly getting up and lying across the riser. I close my eyes and the next time I open then Barrone has appeared and is sitting on the edge of the stage “doesn’t he get a lecture?!” I pout “he’s not an idiot” Laurence teases looking up from his phone. I get up and walk over to Barrone sitting next to him “whats wrong?” I ask noticing he looks unhappy “I miss Hendrix” he says his voice small “I’m sure he misses you too” Laurence shouts “I don’t think thats helping!” I exclaim “you know we’ll see him soon” I reassure Barrone “I know bu-” “I get it” India says sitting down beside me “I miss the cat” she laughs “you know what helps?” she smiles Barrone shakes his head in response “FOOD GUYS LETS GO!” she shouts dragging a surprised Barrone behind her.

***

We’re sitting in catering when I realize I never apologised to the fans for yesterday “what you frowning for?” Laurence sighs “I never apologized for yesterday” I sigh “already got it covered” Laurence smiles and sure enough as I open twitter I notice Laurence has tweeted from the FVK account “thanks” I smile leaning across the table and kissing him. I quickly tap out a tweet from my account regardless and reply to a few concerned tweets from fans “you know we should let them know whats going on soon” Barrone says looking up from his food “what?” I say confused “well it’s not like they haven’t noticed you shrinking Kier” “yeah but-” “there are rumours going around” I suddenly look up interested “rumours?” “go ask somebody else about it I’m done here” Barrone sighs getting up and leaving “Laurence?” I ask turning to face him “cancer Kier we’ve had to constantly reassure fans you don’t have cancer” Laurence sighs “oh” “yeah” “constantly?” “constantly”. Suddenly I hear a gunshot? And get up quickly “what?!” Laurence asks noticing my panic “gun” I say trembling “thunder” he reassures me “you’re so paranoid these days I better go after Barrone” Drew sighs “you know he hates thunder” he shouts behind him as he leaves.

“Laurence?” “Kier?” “are there fans out there?” “yes” Laurence sighs wartching the storm from the window “you know we have allowance each day?” “yeah” “how much soup would it cover?”

Laurences P.O.V:

“are you sure you can’t let them in?” I ask a member of staff again “sorry the insurance it-” “nevermind” I groan frustrated before walking back to the kitchens. I walk in on Kier nearly dropping a massive pot of soup “hey careful!” I smile grabbing it from his shaking hands “you check how many there are out there?” I sigh “no but they have a lot of flasks” Kier says confused. I turn to see a counter full of them “they do” I say wide eyed “what the hell is going on in here?” Luke asks “operation feed the world” Drew giggles “well the fans” I correct “gotta start somewhere” Barrone smiles “why are we feeding the fans?” Luke aks confused “are you oblivious to the massive storm happening currently or?” “oh they’ll be cold” Luke says it finally clicking in his mind “yep do we still have blankets in the van?” “we do” Luke smiles “great”

***

Considering we don’t go on stage for another 4 hours there is a surprisingly large amount of vans queued up outside “right where to begin?” Kier sighs. Once they heard of our plan the other bands chipped in too and used their daily allowance on soup, coffee, tea since ‘it’s so british’ according to Ashley and blankets. “where are bvb?” I ask once I’ve dashed back inside soaking already “security won’t let them out” Jenna sighs “thats okay we’ll manage” Craig says suddenly appearing the rest of Chiodos in tow. “this reminds me of the soup kitchen back home” Jen smiles holding a merch box full of flasks “I didn’t know you volunteered at a soup kitchen?” Luke asks suddenly intrigued “I didn’t I ate there” Jen says stepping through the doors that separate us from the cold wild Glaswegan weather.

Kier:

I finally get to the back of the line holding out the last flask to a small girl covered in warpaint shivering “thank you” she smiles about to take a sip when she suddenly stops “is it vegetarian?” she asks “erm” “LAURENCE?” “YEAH?!” “IS IT VEGETARIAN?” “NOT UNLESS CHICKENS ARE PLANTS NOW!” Craig shouts. The girl frowns handing the flask back “sorry” I sigh “it’s okay” she smiles still shivering “here” I smile handing her my jacket “what no you’ll get cold!” she says teeth chattering “I have more clothes in the van take it” I smile holding it out “but-” “you didn’t get soup or a blanket take my jacket, please” I plead. The girl looks unsure before taking it “thank you” she says as she wraps her arms around herself “I have to go just drop it off at the merch table as you get in okay?” I smile “okay!” she grins back “hey are you with anybody?” I ask realizing the girls in front of her haven’t said a word to her since I got here. The girl shakes her head “follow me” I smile deviously.

Drews P.O.V:

“where the fuck is Kier?” I ask plying random notes on my bass “can you stop that racket?!” Laurence exclaims “oh sorry” I frown “but you have a point where is he?” he finishes. Kier pokes his head around the door “have you got a spare backstage pass?” he asks innocently “yes, why?” Luke says warily “Kier you haven’t got another stray have you?” Kier stands in silnce for a moment “you have haven’t you” Luke sighs chucking the pass at him “where is she?” I ask putting my bass down “by the side door” “GO GET HER THEN!” I shout causing him to jump “the fuck Drew?” Kier exclaims “she’ll get in trouble staff will think she’s trying to sneak in!” Kiers eyes light up as he realizes what I’ve said “SHIT!” he shouts running off “you really should keep a leash on him bevers” I smile “thought you didn’t like when we did that stuff” Laurence winks “OH GOD SHUT UP I’VE HEARD ENOUGH TODAY AS IT IS!” India practically screams curling up in a ball on the stage covering her ears. So much for being here early meaning we’re on time. “one day we’ll be on time for soundcheck” Luke sighs hitting the drum randomly, it’s as if he read my mind. 

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so terrible I'll double upload to make up for it. Also not much of an authors note and no dedication as I went to the Ashestoangels, Fearless Vampire Killers & LostAlone gig last night and I haven't felt this dead since the day after Download Fesitval last year. Sorry it's so bad hope 2 uploads makes up for it,

Becki