One Man Down

Kiers P.O.V:

I’m really grateful I’d skipped breakfast and lunch at this point because if I had eaten I guarantee I’d be throwing up right now “Luke slow down!” Drew whines also feeling sick apparently. The van makes a sharp turn and Drew flies out of his bunk “ouch” he mumbles patting his head before running back to the bunk and holding on for dear life “SERIOUSLY LUKE YOU’LL KILL US!” Barrone shouts from the bunk below “I feel sick” I groan “we were late before we got lost!” Luke shouts angrily “well we’ll be dead in a minute” Drew whimpers “I’d rather be with Falkor” Barrone says solemnly causing a few giggles to escape the other timid “Guys shut up I’m trying to concentrate and stop being so dramatic!” Luke shouts back to us “well you obviously don’t care about damaging us but what about the gear?!” Laurence screams, with that Luke finally slows down, a little. “we are going to get a ticket you know” Laurence sighs loosening his grip on the bedframe slightly “how many speed cameras do you think are there in Liverpool?” Drew says sarcastically obviously feeling a little less sick which is more than I can say for me “Kier put your head between your legs” Laurence frowns “what?” “JUST DO IT!” he commands.

***

“WE MADE IT HERE ALIVE!” Drew grins jumping around “guys we don’t have time for this help unload” Luke frowns. I go to help but feel a hand on my chest “not you Kier” Luke sighs “w-what? You’re in a rush” I pout “exactly the last thing we need is you passing out, when did you last eat?” I bite my bottom lip “thats what I thought go get ready or eat or something” Luke sighs disappearing into the van. I make my around to the side entrance figuring somebody will be there, low and behold Wil is there smoking “you okay you look a bit peaky?” he asks “We were running late” I say slowly wary of throwing up everywhere “Luke was speeding?” Wil asks stubbing the last of his cigarette. I just nod before leaning forward hands on my knees “I’ll help you inside” Wil frowns before banging on the door loudly. Somebody opens it almost immediately “is he alright?” the voice asks before I fall to the floor “it would appear not” Wil says before I close my eyes slipping into darkness.

Laurences P.O.V:

I notice Wil and some guy crouched over somebody and am about to continue loading stuff inside when I realize it’s kier. I quickly drop the amp possibly rougher than I should have and run over “what happened?” I ask frantic “he felt sick then collapsed” the unknown guy says “Laurence why aren’t you helping?!” Drew whines before realizing “oh – erm – okay” he stumbles running past me and inside with part of the drum kit, not long after he reappears with chiodos and Jenna who seem happy enough to help. “we should get him inside” the guy frowns pulling his jacket tighter around himself “I’ll carry him in” I sigh picking Kier up with ease “I’ll get some food brought down?” Wil offers sympathetically “yeah erm soup would be good” I say rushed “soup wont be enough” Wil sighs “okay erm maybe some crackers too” I frown running off towards the dressing room.

Drews P.O.V:

“you know he can’t keep up like that” Craig mutters carrying in the last of my gear with me “he’ll have to” I sigh “he won’t” he says solemnly “you know this can’t be good for his heart he’ll have a heart at-” “ENOUGH!” Barrone interjects storming past “he’ll see somebody when we get back we’re halfway through tour know” I state my tone suggesting no more should be said on the matter “he’s awake” Barrone says a small smile on his lips “is he eating?” I ask. Barrones smile falls as quickly as it appeared.

Kiers P.O.V:

“I’m. Not. Hungry.” I state again ignoring my rumbling stomach “your stomach says otherwise” Laurence frowns “well my stomach is wrong” I say adamant. Laurence closes the few feet between us quickly “no” he says touching my head “this is wrong” he says gritting his teeth “so you’re saying I’m wrong in the head?!” I shout at him “YES KIER YOU FUCKING ARE!” he shouts running his hands through his hair “I thought I could trust you” I say quietly and Laurence looks as if he regrets what he said “Kier I-” “no” I reply curtly. Laurence walks back over slowly and crouches in front of me “Kier this is killing you. Killing me, the others, the band fuck even the fans know something is wrong please” his voice breaks at the last part and my heart breaks with it “I can’t” I whimper and become aware that someone other than Laurence is in the room. I turn to see Drew, Barrone and Wil by the door. Wil walks over and grabs my hand “come with me” he says not giving me the chance to say no. Wil leads me through the maze of corridors and into where we will be performing “look at it” he says pointing to the massive stage looming over us “what?” I ask confused “that is where you want to be right? Playing for the fans your fans with your band, your friends, your lover” Wil says “yes?” “that stage requires you to eat. Your body requires you to eat. You may not like that Kier but by God you have little choice.” Wil sighs “but I’ve done okay so far-” “thats it though isn’t it?” Laurence says from behind us. I turn to face him and notice he’s been crying. Thats my fault. Everyone is hurting and it’s my fault “so far. How much longer can you can we do this?” Laurence sighs “I – I” “I’ll be waiting at catering” Laurence says sounding defeated before disappearing again “go” Wil says climbing the stage and disappearing behind the curtain. I climb the stage too and sit there knees drawn to my chest a thousand thoughts running through my head.