Such A Tease

Kiers P.O.V:

I wake up in the van, Laurence staring at me intensely. I thought we were in catering? I don’t remember playing. I know my blackouts are bad but I’ve never lost that long before I think worriedly “whats wrong?” Laurence asks sitting up suddenly “what?” “you look worried” he says watching me intently, I imagine he’s inspecting every little detail of me right now and of my response he’ll know if I lie. I decide to tell the truth but play it down “it’s just I don’t remember playing last night” I mumble trying to keep the worry out of my voice “you wouldn’t” Laurence says sadly “did I hit my head?” I ask confused “you don’t remember? Whats the last thing you remember?” Laurence asks. Shit he’s caught me there he’ll know I blacked out if I don’t play this right. I take a deep breath thinking carefully before answering “walking to the stage” I say cautiously “no you don’t” Laurence says disappointment obvious in his voice “I don’t?” I ask playing dumb “don’t lie to me Kier” he says harshly “fine I was in catering” I say worriedly “why do you sound worried?” Laurence asks curiously “I shouldn’t be?” I ask confused “why should you be?” shit how am I supposed to respond to that? “I blacked out?” “no you fell asleep” Laurence sighs lying back down and playing with my hair “I didn’t perform?” “no you didn’t” Laurence replies his voice catching in his throat “why didn’t you wake me?” I ask snuggling against him “because I wanted what was best for you” Laurence yawns “did you sleep at all last night?” I ask pulling away “no but-” “I want whats best for you. Sleep” I command before hugging him again. Laurence falls asleep in my arms within seconds.

Laurence:

I wake up in Kiers arms him snoring softly. He would sleep all day if you let him I think untangling myself carefully and climbing down from the bunk carefully. Drew is playing on his old game boy on his bunk when I pass. “Luke?” I ask quietly. I realize he has his headphones in and is listening to Metallica judging by him tapping the drum beats on the dash board “Luke?” I ask removing a headphone gently “what?” he mutters angrily “where are we?” I yawn his expression softens “Glasgow” I just nod in response peeking over the back of the chair at what Barrone is sketching in his sketch book, some kind of superhero by the looks of it “why’d you ask?” Luke asks grabbing my attention back. “I wondered if we were doing anything today is all” I smile “I fancy a lazy day you and Kier can go out if you want-” “a lazy day sounds great” I smile grabbing my ipod from the glovebox “at least we’ll get to the venue on time” Drew chuckles darkly causing Luke to glare at the curtain seperating them “I’ll err leave you to – that” I stutter pointing at Lukes headphones before heading back to the bunks to avoid his angry glare.

“hey” Kier yawns wrapping his legs around me “afternoon sleepy head” I tease stroking his cheek tenderly “I love you Laur” he sighs “I know” I smile kissing him deeply “I’m sorry” he says his words nearly lost in our kiss “why?” I ask pulling back “for putting you through this” he says sadly “you’re worth it” I murmur kissing him again “lets go get pancakes” he says suddenly jumping out of the bunk and grabbing the nearest pair of skinny jeans and a clean shirt. I stare at him dazed for a minute before he pulls my hand and I jump out of the bunk. “lets go” he grins grabbing his wallet and pulling me out of the van excitedly.

We sit at the table a plate of pancakes before each of us and close my eyes contentedly. “Laur?” Kier asks confused “what?” I smile “what are you thinking?” he asks quietly “just this is like old times I miss this” I smile sadly. Kier suddenly looks guiltily at me “you don’t want it do you?” I ask “I do it’s just-” “do you want some of mine?” I smile. Kier nods before getting up and walking over to my side of the table and sitting on my lap. Kier takes a few bites of my pancake before he relents and puts the knife and fork down on the table “I’m just going to the bathroom” he smiles “Kier” I warn “it’s okay” he says taking a deep breath before walking off.